Followers

Tuesday 9 March 2021

Time to grow.

Good morning all, 
How are you today? 
Poor Karl hurt his ankle yesterday so we haven’t had much sleep. 
It just seems one thing after another here. 
I think we both need a day off, 
The trouble is we have both worked throughout lockdown, Karl hasn’t had a day off for over 12months. 
Oh sorry, he had Christmas Day off and then was on call Boxing Day. 
Definitely time to recharge our batteries. 

Anyway enough of that, I will just drink more coffee and get on. 
Today I have a project to share with you. 
I often look for inspiration in Magazines, nature and well everywhere. 
When I was reading all our lovely Christmas cards this year , I noticed this beautiful scene, 




I challenged myself to create something similar.
I don’t like to copy, but take inspiration. 
This is what I came up with 



It was a real challenge for me, and stretched me, but I must say I enjoyed every minute of it. 
I started by stamping the Lavinia trees 



Next I added some watercolour sky 



And some landscape 



Followed by some details 


My favourite colours, 
Next came some acrylic paint for the snow 



This was the point where it nearly went into the bin. 
So I walked away , had a brew, and then came back to it 



I addd shadows using my chalk pencils, you know how much I love using these. 




Some sticklers glitter glue, 
But I still felt that something was missing. 




So I just added some purple tones to the shadows..., yes, I think that works well.

It is fun to challenge yourself, 
and just move out of your safe, comfort zones once in a while. 
I might even create more pieces like this. 

I hope you like it too, and maybe take some inspiration from the card 

Have a lovely day
Much love and hugs 

Jo xxxx


9 comments:

Manja said...

Wow. I love to try this. 😘

Unknown said...

Just beautiful as always Jo... thanks for sharing... :) x

Dar said...

Beautiful! If I start now I should have this cracked by Christmas!

susiestacey said...

Beautiful card, love the scene, maybe l need to invest in some chalk pencils as they really soften the scene. x Susan x

MFM said...

Beautiful, it looks amazing. I think it must have taken you some time to create that masterpiece.⭐⭐⭐⭐

Nicola C said...

Absolutely stunning. The processes involved appear quite achievable, but I agree with Dar, it may be some time before my results are anywhere as effective - best get started!
One minor problem though - I don’t have a tree 🤣

Chrissy said...

Amazing to see how it all came together Jo, it is brilliant..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Klara said...

Just fabulous Jo--I have yet to try adding acrylic paint, but you made it look easy? Love the effects you hace achieved, especailly with the sky background. Thanks for sharing with us.

Crafty Jude said...

Beautiful Jo, I would love to create something like this 😃xx