Followers

Wednesday 3 March 2021

Heart Grunge

Good morning all, 
How are you today ? 
I got up early, walked Eric, and have walked to the Post Office. 
I have so much to do today, so I needed an early start. 
I am still struggling with my chest, and this fatigue thing...
So everything takes twice as long. 
I am really trying to keep up with all my craft commitments, 
but between you and me, 
It really isn’t easy.
The demands on being on a design team are so tough, 
and obviously I’m not the sort of person to let anyone down.
Karl was in Aberdeen last night, he is so busy too, 
So I worked late, just to tick a few more jobs off my list. 
I had Eric to keep me company, so that was good. 

Today I have a recent Aall & Create sample to share with you. 



I have used #453- Heart Grunge by Tracy Evans. 

As always I have a little tutorial for you. 



I started by creating my background, just simply mixing the inks on the stamp, I adore this effect. 



Next I stamped some hearts, cut them out and scored them.

I had an idea to honeycomb one of the hearts. 
I did this technique a while ago with one of the balloon stamps, 



It is such a fun thing to do and reminds me of some Christmas decorations we had at home when I was younger. 



I added some extra ink to the edges of my background, and matted it onto dark brown card. 
Now as you know I have a thing about wooden sticks, and these word stamps are just the right size. 
Thanks Tracy


Once I had the position of the hearts I added some drop shadows. 


Just to spice the design up a little I added a pop of yellow. 
Followed by some posca splats, 
Not white , 
but yellow to compliment the whole design. 

Here is a closer look. 



The beauty of this heart is that it will fold flat for posting. 

Thanks for joining me, and thanks as always 
for all your support

Take care all
Love and hugs 
Jo xxx






1 comment:

Nicola C said...

Love this design, especially the hearts. I remember those Christmas decorations too. I’m using Tracy’s border poppy seed head stamp today so I’ll have a go at the technique with the seed head 😎