Followers

Friday 16 August 2019

Create your own Dream.

Good afternoon all, 
Wow , it is Friday already.
This week has certainly whizzed.
Today I am going to share an Eclipse card with you. 
I do love making these. 




It can be any design in the background and any word die cut. 
So many possibilities.

I started out by selecting the die cut letters for the word Dream and 
making sure that they would fit on my piece of stamping card. 



Next I started adding some distress Oxide Inks using 
Billy Brayer...wow, he is having a few outings recently.
He is so excited about his visit to Hochanda next week. 



Don’t worry about any lines or uneven coverage of ink, as this is just the start of the background. 



Next some water flicks. 



A large moon mask and then some stamping. 
First in Oxide ink to represent flowers in the distance of our scene. 



Then in VersaFine ink for the foreground. 



I added some dragonflies and then blended some ink around the edges. 
That gave me my completed scene, so next to the die cutting. 



There are many different ways to do this, 
I must say, this is just the way that I like to do it. 
I die cut the letters in white card, black card and then out of the scene. 



Next I mounted the scene onto white card and placed the white die cut letters into the spaces. 



On top of those I added the black letters, just moving then to the side slightly , to achieve 
a drop shadow effect. 




Finally , I added the topper die cut letters.
What a wonderful effect. 

Look at a side view 



All the stamps that I have used are from Lavinia stamps. 
Remember you only have a few days left to enter the 
Create your own Dream Challenge.
All details are on the website 


It would be fabulous if one of you won the voucher.

Have a fabulous weekend all
Much love and hugs 

Jo Xxx

8 comments:

Barbara Ellis said...

Sensational card! Thank you for sharing your steps. I have only been stamping for four months so I know practically nothing. I didn’t know what eclipse card meant; now I do. It’s absolutely fabulous! You will be great in TN❤️πŸ™‹πŸ„πŸŒΊπŸ₯°

Rosie said...

Fantastic Jo!Lovely stamps, lovely design and such a clear tutorial. I've been wanting to make an eclipse card for ages and now you've inspired me to finally get round to it! Rosemary X

gwen70 said...

Brilliant card Jo, absolutely love it xx

frances said...

Love it love it love it. When are you on hochanda im away next week and want to record

Unknown said...

A fantastic card. The instructions were very clear and informative. Thank you so much.

Guillyflower said...

Jo is on Hochanda on Thursday 22nd August. :)

Guillyflower said...

Stunning card Jo. Thank you for the tutorial as I want to give it a try x

Jo Rice said...

Thanks for your lovely comments ladies, and Hochanda is this Thursday the 22nd A5 11am and 3pm...whoop....xxx❤️🀣