Followers

Wednesday 1 March 2023

Bursting with Colour

Good morning all, 
Welcome to Wednesday, 
Welcome to March 
Happy St David’s Day to all my Welsh Friends 
And Welcome to a new Lavinia Challenge 

Our new theme is 
Bursting With Colour.

This is the perfect time to use your favourite colours, favourite stamps and have a play 
You will never guess what colours I used !!!! 😉




Remember the winner is chosen at random and wins £40 to spend at lavinia.
Just head over to the website 
Here is how I created my design 





I began with some blending, using dye based ink pads , mixing Distress oxide and elements inks…I just went for the colours 





I worked on both pieces of card at the same time 




Next I added the stencil. 
I just love this 




Then the stamping 



I looked at all my stamps and used some that I hadn’t used for a while.
This is a great way of reminding yourself about the stamps that you have 





I used a few different Versafine Clair ink pads too, but keeping to the red, orange, brown tones 

This all helps to give a cohesive design 

A sentiment and some posca splats (orange , well it had to be ) 



Some sparkle 

Here is a close up. 




I am off now to take Karl to the hospital, 12 weeks check up and X-ray after his ankle fusion. 
Wish us luck…
Hope he can take the boot off , walk Eric and drive again soon….

Much love and hugs 
Jo xxxx

5 comments:

gwen70 said...

Eautiful card Jo, good luck Karl xx

gwen70 said...

Should read beautiful

Neet said...

Hope it is good news at the hospital and Karl gets to walk better without the boot. (and walk Eric some days)
This is a delightful piece Jo and I love how you have mixed all the different inks together, I bet that was great fun. Loving that second stamp you used, bet it's discontinued knowing my luck.
Hugs, Neet xx
ps have a lovely weekend


Thanks for reading.

Maureen Emmins said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Jo. I love it. Hope all went well with Karl on his hospital visit and he is now boot free. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Jo love this and the burst of colours are just amazing as you are.. xx