Followers

Monday 5 September 2022

In My Heart.

Morning all. 
I hope you had a lovely weekend and that your new week has started well.

Today I have a very special piece of art to share with you. 
You see today would have been my Dads 81st Birthday. 
As you know he sadly passed away at the end of May. 
I know today will be a hard day for all my family but especially my Mum.
So please join with me and send her an extra big Hug. 

It is the first time I haven’t made his Birthday card. 
So Dad , this is for you..




It is my alcohol inks background, 
My Dads favourite colour was orange ( I know where I get my love of that colour from ) 
He loved to watch the sunrise, especially from his allotment or flight pond. 


The feather is special too, 
As children we spent many hours watching baby pheasants hatch in incubators, and then see them free into the wild when they were old enough.   





This particular feather was part of the family floral tribute , that rested on his coffin, 
For his final sunset. 

So as you can see a very special piece of art indeed. 

I will go and sit in my garden later, 
Have my coffee, 
and think of all those happy times. 


Take care everyone.

Much love and hugs 
Jo xxx🧡

8 comments:

Janette said...

Morning Jo, blessing to you all on this day, its good you have such happy memories.
Your card is beautiful and very personal to your father, I love it.xx

aussie aNNie said...

Thinking of you today and may your dad be a peace on this day in your heart. A gorgeous card and lovely finish x

Jo Rice said...

Thanks so much ladies xx❤️❤️

Gibmiss said...

Thinking of you today Jo and your Mum xx sending big cyber Hugs Sylvie xx

Di said...

Aww Jo , what a lovely special tribute to your Dad. Its great that we have memories to treasure. Sending hugs 🫂 🤗 to you , your mum and rest of family on this very emotional day. Love ❤️ and Hugs 🫂 Di x

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful tribute to your dad ♥

Lois NieKamp said...

Wonderful and how special to have a tangible piece - the feather - to include in your card design. No matter how old you are, the loss of a parent is never easy. ~ extra hugs at this special time, Lois

karenlotty said...

What a beautiful tribute to your dad
I must admit I still make birthday cards for my son who died over 12 years ago They’re all very much in our hearts Take care xx