Followers

Friday 5 May 2023

Together Trust Charity Workshop

Hi everyone, 
Thanks so much for popping in 
It is always so lovely to have your company. 
Hope you enjoy the Coronation weekend, and have some exciting plans. 

Our May workshop is tonight 
6pm…just so that we can all enjoy the Coronation weekend. 

We are going to look at ways of creating atmosphere in designs. 
Different products that can be used .

Misty Morning 





All the money raised is going to Charity. 
Every year I teach a workshop for Charity. 

This May I have a special Birthday , also on my Birthday it will be 12months since 
my Dad sadly passed away. 
So it seemed fitting to have May as my Charity Workshop. 






May Class….with all the money being donated to Together Trust



As many of you will know our younger son Mikey suffered for many years with complex Epilepsy and at one point we were told that he would spend his life on permanent disability. So myself and Karl tried to find ways to help Mikey and eventually he started going to various local groups and eventually had some work experience at a local Gusto restaurant. He started off clearing the tables, and loved it so much he carried on going after his work experience had finished. He was offered a job and worked as a waiter, then behind the bar, in the development kitchen and then as a manager. He is now head of training for Gusto uk…and we are so proud of how hard he works. He still has seizures but we all have strategies in place to help. 
   Recently he has been working with the Together Trust, on his days off…
He has spent time in school with some of the children and even been showing them all about jobs in hospitality. He has told them his story…and because of this I have chosen the Together Trust as my Charity for this year.
All the money from our May Class will be donated to them and I am working on creating some art work for them to sell. 
   I just wanted to tell you Mikeys story , thanks so much for listening. 
I truly value your friendship and all your support…some of you ladies have been by my side for years, and have seen the struggle that we went through trying to get help for Mikey…I’m so glad that we found some. Now it is time to give something back…

Have a wonderful weekend all 

Much love and hugs 
Jo xxx


No comments: