Followers

Saturday 1 May 2021

Under The Sea

Good morning everyone, 
Welcome to May. 
As it is the first of the month it means that we have a new Lavinia Challenge. 
Our new theme is 

Under The Sea. 

I do hope you can join in, remember that the winner is chosen at random and wins £40 to spend at Lavinia. 
Here is my inspiration for you 



I hope you like it. 
Here is a tutorial to show how I created it 



I started with one of my favourite techniques, the DTP ( Direct To Paper ) 


I introduced a couple of different colours, followed by some water splats. 




This makes a great under the water background. 




Next I added some fish. 



Followed by some sea vegetation. 



It is great to build up the design with different stamps and ink pads (obviously Shady Lady was there ) 



I added some sentiment stamping using second generation stamping. 



Next another layer, this time ink and water on the stencil. 
Look at the  fabulous watery print. 



I used gel pens to add colour to the fish 


I drew around the small white orbs in the stencil to make the bubbles. 


Next I added more depth of colour by using the  chalk pastel pencils. 
I seem to use these on most projects these days



To frame the whole design I blended more ink around the edges, and then 
added more water splats. I really love how this has turned out. 




For sparkle I added some Eco glitter. 



I finished off the whole design by adding Glossy Accents into the bubbles. 




I do hope you will enter the Challenge, I had such fun creating this design. 

Enjoy your weekend.
Let’s hope the weather behaves for us all 

Much love and hugs 
Jo xxx



2 comments:

Redanne said...

A stunning card Jo, you have created such wonderful depth, I love it! xxx

Unknown said...

Beautiful as always Jo, thanks for the inspiration ♥️