Followers

Sunday 5 April 2020

Blooming Poppies.

Good afternoon all, 
What a beautiful day it is today, I have had a lovely lunch break just sitting in out garden. 
Just taking time to look at the flowers and listen to the birds. 
I hope you are having a lovely day too. 

Today I just wanted to share a design with you using a fabulous large stamp set from Olga called 
Blooming Poppies. 



When I saw this stamp, I just knew what I wanted to do, 
It is such a beautiful botanical type of drawing. 
So I started off by stamping it in Black VersaFine ink. 



I love to use my oxide inks to watercolour. 
I started off with a grey, Hickory Smoke. 




Then I added some detail Using Black soot. 



The next stage was to add more shading using a water reactive pencil 



Hopefully you can see how the detail is being to show. 
I originally was going to just use black and white, but I changed my mind and added a little extra colour. 



Some pale blue and some green. 


Some splats ( you know how I love these ) and a little extra stamping. 



Finally a sentiment on a coffee stirrer, ( I do miss going out for my Costa) 
A couple of jump rings and some glossy accents. 




Here is a closer look. 


I must admit this is one of my favourite pieces that I have made recently, I found it so relaxing to create. 

The ODS will be on HOCHANDA on Monday and Tuesday with the 
lovely Leonie. 

I am off now to walk Eric again.

Take care all
Much love and hugs 
Jo xxx



1 comment:

Rose in Chester said...

Beautiful, however, I have loads of distress ink stamps, not the oxides. Can I use these up first??
Hugs
Rose