Followers

Monday 12 August 2024

My amazing Friend Anne

Hi everyone, 
Hope you had a lovely weekend. 

Today I feel it is the day to have a chat about my lovely friend Anne, who so sadly passed away recently.

She has had her final goodbye and her ashes will now rest in her beloved craft room. 





Anne was the most amazing lady, kind, gentle, funny, and oh so talented. 

I first met her in person (after seeing a lot of her work on social media ) 
when I taught a Birthday party class for our friend Rachel 
I was so worried about meeting her…as I knew how talented she was .
Well, she was so lovely with me and we just clicked. 

I am so lucky that over the years our friendship grew, 
Here we are , I think it was 5 years ago at an Olga workshop.




We would message every day and meet up every week , we had a coffee and a catch up. 
David would drive Anne, the 3 of us having coffee and chat, then David would go and walk around 
the garden centre leaving Anne and me to have a second coffee and yes, more chatting. 

As you can imagine loosing her has left such a hole in my life, 
I miss her so much. 
I have so much to tell her too. 

Even yesterday when I was at Leigh show demonstrating I would usually bring her a gift back, 
Something Tim Holtz…
I used to tease her because they were friends…
I can only dream about that 

Over the years she has made me so many gifts…
I would like to share a few of them with you…
This bag that she made me, in Sir Tim’s fabrics travels with me all the time. 
Here it is ready for Leigh. 



Her attention to detail was amazing 





She loved all thing Halloween too 



And so many of her projects included lights 





She made me this robin when my dad passed away 



Recently she had taken up felting too 



She shared my love for highland cattle 
Although her passion was for sheep 



And 





I have also got hand written notes , 
I saved them all, 
and I am so glad that I did.

It really makes me think how important it is to hand write notes, cards etc 
So more important than the typed word..

I am so grateful that I had the pleasure of meeting Anne, knowing her as a friend…
I last saw her in hospital when we chatted, planned lots of outings this summer , 
and had a big hug…
That will stay with me forever…

So please make time for your friends…
Let them know that you care, 
Maybe just send someone a card today 
Just because 


Thanks for joining me…
and letting me share my thoughts and feeling with you all.

Much love and hugs 
Jo xxx



3 comments:

Gerrina said...

U loved seeing her creations and sparesly we left comments, because I just wanted her to have time to create more beautiful things... The crafty world has lost a fun lady with so many great creative ideas...
It won't get easier for you; your world has changed, but I know Anne would like to see more of your beautiful vreativity... Crafty hug!

Janette said...

I really didn't know Anne had passed, its just awful, as you say she was a wonderful crafter and such a nice lady. I am so sorry and sorry for the loss of a friend too. xxx

LesleyG said...

What a lovely tribute, she was obviously a very special lady, and a special friend. I love that her ashes are resting in her craft room. Sending warm heartfelt wishes xxx