Followers

Tuesday 25 April 2023

Technique Tuesday with the Bokeh effect

Hi everyone, 
Thanks so much for popping in today. 
I do hope you are having a lovely day 

As it is Tuesday it is time for our 
Technique Tuesday video.

Today we are going to be looking at the Bokeh effect.
I have used this effect before as it is an old technique but I have been asked for an up to date video
So I have recorded one..

The Bokeh effect is used primarily in photography and is where areas of a design are blurred on purpose. 
You may recognise it from some adverts. 

There are many materials that can be used to create the Bokeh effect including white inks, 
White PanPastels and white paint..




Just have fun 





You can find the video here 



Much love and hugs 
Jo xxx

1 comment:

Pauline C said...

Beautiful video Jo. I tried the bokeh technique with a Lavinia fairy and the orbs stencil the first time recently, and although mine worked out quite well I have definitely picked up some good tips from this. The tip I really like is masking off the circles you want to use .. I think I would have avoided a couple of marks on my work if I’d done that !! Also I’m p,eased to see I was on the right track using Brilliance ink ( I have a wee dewdrop size lol 🤣🤣) xx