Followers

Tuesday 19 March 2019

New best friend.

Good afternoon all, 
I hope you are keeping well, and that your week is going as planned. 
Last week when I went to the NEC I went to have a chat with Tracey on the Lavinia Stamps stand. 
Whilst I was there I just had to have a buddy cup palette.



This is worth its weight in gold...it really is. 
The little pots 12 of them, all have lids.
Lids that fit really well. 

You can get one from Lavinia here 


So this morning, I just wanted to start using mine. 


The little cups are perfect for the Brusho powders. 


I make a list of the colours that I have used too...
( my memory isn’t what it was !!!!) 



Next I got old Billy Brayer out (again ! He is popular these days ) and added some colour to my gel press plate. 
Followed by some splats of Brusho and water .



This makes a wonderful background. 



And no two are the same, you just never know what you are going to get. 




Next I used a moon mask and two colours of ink, I do like the intensity of colour when using two colours. 



Some stamping came next, 
Can you tell, I was making this up as I went along? 



I love to blend two colours around the edge too, first purple then black. 



I watercoloured the flowers with Brusho,,,from my little pots, added some splats of white pen and some little black dots in my orb,,,
Now in my mind the little children fairies are playing with a large ball, 
Obviously mr Crow has other ideas and he has come to perch on it. 
Do you make up stories about your cards, or is it just me ? 



I mounted the design onto white card and added a word, but to 
me the design just didn’t look balanced.
So I added another word...
This was easy to do as I still has my Brusho liquid in my pots. 




See how much better it is. 

The lids are now on my pots and I can keep my Brusho for another day,,,
and I won’t spill them...
Whilst I was making this card, 
I had an idea...
So I will add another blog post to show you as blogger doesn’t like too many photos. 

Catch you again in a moment 

Love and hugs 
Jo. xxx

10 comments:

Debbie said...

Thank you Jo for such a gorgeous project! You make it sound so easy!

Rosie said...

That's lovely, Jo. I saw Tracey's demo at the NEC and I couldn't resist the Buddy palette either, mainly because the lids make it so useful.

Redanne said...

I loved this when I saw it on FB, the colours are beautiful and the whole design is wonderful. Great little pots too, such a good idea! Hugs, Anne xx

gwen70 said...

Thank you Jo for the tutorial, did wonder what the Buddy palette was til I saw it. Beautiful card love the new stamps

Tracey T said...

Fabulous as always Jo, I always enjoy your tutorials, you're very generous. I'd never heard of a buddy pot either but looks essential now xx

Jo Rice said...

Thank you ladies, I love to find gadgets that make our craft life easier and save time...
This saves money too, as no mopping up the Brusho and water mix from the mat.
Have a lovely day all....hugs...xxxx

Donna Brooks said...

Great card and i love the colours and intensity of the brusho powders. Just off to look at blog number 2. XX

Jo Rice said...

Thanks Donna...xx

Chrissie Roberts said...

Great purchase Jo. I might need one - when I have finally sorted my craft stuff & found the missing bits! lol
I love the story & the colours. Brilliant card.
Keep safe, keep well ((hugs)) xx

TreesG said...

Love it! How much Brusho powder did you use in each pot?