Followers

Monday 25 March 2019

Cumbria Spring Retreat

Good evening all, thanks for joining me this Monday evening. 
First of all I want to welcome our new blog follower, 
please feel at home here, pull up a chair and relax. 
It has been another busy day here, we had to collect the dogs from the kennels first thing. 
Bless them, you would have thought that we had been away for weeks. 
Then Karl had to drive up to Aberdeen where he is working for a few days.

We had a wonderful time in the Lake District this weekend and I would like to thank 
all the lovely ladies who came and created the most amazing projects. 



We had two days of fun, laughter, messy fingers, coffee and cake. 
Thanks, especially, to our friends who travelled all the way from Ireland and Scotland...
That really means so much to me. 



We started on the Saturday morning and began to assemble the MDF typewriters. 
The kits are wonderful and have full instructions. 


Once built  we covered the whole piece with either black or white gesso and left them all to dry overnight. 



So yesterday was a day of finishing off and decorating the typewriters.




They were all so different, 


But fabulous, 



Each and every one. 




And this one, once  decorated is going to have a special place at a wedding venue. 

I didn’t get time to photograph all of the finished pieces, 
So if possible zoom in and have a look at them all. 




I really am so proud of all of you. 
You really embraced the project and made absolutely stunning typewriters.
If any of you fancy making one of these at home, 
I have a few kits,
Just send me an email or a pm.

I must just thank Karl and Sheila, who helped me so much.
I couldn’t do it without you...

Time for some ironing,
then an early night.

Take care all
Much love and hugs 
Jo. xxx





5 comments:

rachel said...

Wow they look amazing Jo - love the lilac one! So pretty!!! Would have loved to try one but I am drowning under projects just now!!!! Big hugs Rachel xx

Sam Squires - A Crafting Niche said...

Stunning work from everybody. It looks like a great project x

Paintbynumberblog said...

You've done a great job. I'm stunned. Keep doing & sharing.
I Love Crafts

Donna Brooks said...

Wow! What a great project, did see these on Hochanda recently and had to sit on my hands. All the finished projects look amazing. Xx

Jo Rice said...

Thank you everyone xxxx