Followers

Monday 22 June 2020

Lockdown Lavinia homework - week 13

Good morning all, 
Hope Monday finds you well. 
It is week 13 of the 
Lockdown Lavinia Homework 

This week we are going to revisit an old technique, 
The use of Rock Salt to create a background. 

These backgrounds work perfectly with the new release Lavinia stamps, 




 Here is a closer look 



For those who are new or have forgotten about this technique. 
Here is a little tutorial of how I created this one, 



You can use watercolour paints, or similar mediums for this , 
I decided to use my Brusho powder just to shake up the technique a bit. 

So I added the Brusho powder to the card 
Make sure the card will take water well, as the next stage is to add the water. 



Next add the rock salt, and leave to dry. 
I left mine overnight 



The salt absorbs some of the water, 



I just love how it looks. 
It is quite therapeutic brushing the salt off too. 



Next add some stamping...
This is my new favourite Lavinia stamp 



I had to add some finishing touches with glossy accents and my white Posca pen.



I hope you have a play with this technique, 
It is great fun. 

I must go, lots more samples to create today .
I hope it is a good day 
and a good week for is all.

Much love and hugs 
Jo xxxx

3 comments:

Lorna said...

Thanks Jo, I can’t wait to give this technique a try, your background is amazing! What a beautiful stamp too xx

Rosie said...

Lovely, Jo. The salt background technique is a super one, which I haven't used for a while, but now the new Lavinia stamps are out...........

Margaret R said...

Hi Joe haven't any rock salt, so tried with ordinary salt, sample is still drying so will see how it turns out xx