Followers

Friday 14 June 2019

Sell out on Hochanda.

Good afternoon everyone, 
thanks for joining me today. 
I do hope you are well and that you have had a good week. 
Oh my, it has been a very wet week here. 
Jenson is home from hospital so that is good.
Thank you for all your good wishes.

Did you manage to see Abs on Hochanda yesterday? 
He had the new release stamps from AALL & Create.



3 out of the 4 sets sold out in the first hour. 



This is one of my samples.
It is quite funny really, I wasn’t sure about it when I made it. 
You see Jenson was in hospital, 
So Elliot was with me.
He was in his hightchair in my craft room. 
Plus I was on a deadline as the cards had to be in the studio ready for the shows on Thursday. 
Talk about crafting under pressure. 


Times like this is when I look at my emergency backgrounds. 
This was one of the clean up pieces using the fabulous Sunflower stencil. 




So I stamped the image. 




Then added some colour using my Inktense pencils and water. 




Next I added some more stamping, I do love using stems for this. 
(Thanks Lisa for the idea ) 



It is often the little extra that add dimension to samples. 
So I added some ink through a stencil, some ink blending around the edges, plus some splatters of white gesso.
I must say Elliot loved watch that bit, 
Just hope he doesn’t copy and so it when he is painting at nursery. !!!!


Finally I stamped a couple of small details for the border stamps, 
added colour, cut them out and added them to the design. 
Charcoal shading really helps the design pop, 
another one of my obsessions. 

I loved the fact that Janice noticed it , and pointed it out.
Thanks  for that. 

Well it is all go again here, 
Cumbria workshop tomorrow. 
My bags are packed, and  it is going to be a relaxing day with 
watercolour painting for us. 

Just the job. 

Take care all. 
Thanks for your continued support 
Much love and hugs 
Jo xxx


5 comments:

MFM said...

Watched the show last night and had to smile when you where given a name check.I had already decided it was your marvellous work as soon as it was held up.
Such a talented granma and around wonderful lady.

Jo Rice said...

Oh bless you Maggie, thanks so much...see you tomorrow...xxx

Donna Brooks said...

The samples on the shows were amazing. Love the shading too, mine never looks as 3D as yours, will have to be braver with the pencils I think. Glad Jenson is home again. Xx

Redanne said...

So pleased to hear that Jenson is home again Jo, it must be such a relief.

I thought this sample was wonderful, the stencilling in the background and that hand coming in was so clever and it works so well. I was playing along creating with Abs using this very same stamp set - I love it! (I now have visions of Elliot at nursery splashing paint around - lol!)

I hope you have a good weekend and enjoy your class in Cumbria my friend. Hugs, Anne xx

Floren Styl said...

With enough exertion anybody can accomplish it without depending on taking extreme estimates like medical procedure diet pills or having a dietary problem. Here are a few hints on how you can accomplish simple free weight reduction. http://superiormusclexadvice.com