Followers

Monday 18 February 2019

Wall Art

Good evening everyone, 
Hope your week has started well. 
I am suffering with my back again, it is all this furniture moving, 
and more tomorrow. 
We are hiring a van to take the last load from Nottingham to Didsbury. 
Mikey and Frans new apartment is fabulous and they are so excited about moving in. 
So I decided to make a piece of art for their hall way. 
We have framed some photographs for them ,as a surprise , 
but I wanted to make something  special. 

This is what I made 
Hope you like it 


Really hope Mikey and Fran like it too 

I found this frame in the reduced box in my local shop 




I cut three pieces of card 



Then I added some paint using Mr Billy Brayer ( he needed to come out and play ) 



Next I added some blue paint splatters. 




When dry , I added some stamping using this 
fabulous border stamp from AALL & Create.



Next came some grunge paste through a stencil. 
Again this is from AALL & Create. 



On separate card I stamped , added some colour and cut out my designs. 


I matted and layered my backgrounds , 
and then added the focal pieces, using some twine, and mess to add texture. 




To finish off, I added some white highlights with my Sharpie pen, and then assembled the frame. 



I am so pleased with the way this has turned out, 




Here is a closer look 



At each piece 


Such beautiful stamp designs. 

I am looking forwards to seeing this hanging on the wall. 

Have you mounted any of your work? 
It is such a rewarding thing to do.
 
Must go, still lots to do this evening, and an early start tomorrow. 

Take care all 

Much love and hugs 
Jo. xxx


4 comments:

Donna Brooks said...

Beautiful art work Jo, I do have a few little stands that I use in the craft room for work that I like but I haven't framed anything yet. Would have to say if my work looked like yours I'd frame everything!! XX

Jo Rice said...

Bless you Donna, that is so kind of you, but I am sure your creations are wonderful and I would love to see you frame some,,big hugs...xxxx

Tracey T said...

Absolutely beautiful, a cherished gift xx

Jo Rice said...

Thanks Tracey....xx