Followers

Friday 1 December 2023

The Magic Of Christmas

Morning everyone, 
Welcome to December 
I do hope it finds you well. 
We had great excitement in our kitchen this morning .
As soon as breakfast was finished Elliot and Jenson could open the first windows on their Advent Calendars. 
It made me think, when I was younger we got so excited about what picture was going to be behind each window…
Now it can be a chocolate, a gift, a candle  even cosmetics or mini bottles of alcohol.
As it is December we have a new Lavinia Challenge. 
Our new theme is 

The Magic Of Christmas 

As always it is your interpretation of the theme 
Also the winner is chosen at random and this month……
……..drumroll……
Wins £60 to spend at Lavinia 
I would really love it to be one of our lovely crafty family
This is my inspiration




As you know I love to make these type of cards…
I just love the white space, 
and the 3D look (on a flat card) 




I started with some multifarious card and the round sticker stencil.





I added the elements ink, 
One colour at a time.




Making sure the colour was inside the aperture and on the border…



Next I used my paper mask and added the stamping inside the aperature…
I used coordinating Versafine Clair inks. 



Now you could just leave it here 

But I wanted to extend the scene and added the trees on the border design too,

Remember the masking 




Next some extra atmospheric stamping , at the top 

and the bottom of the design. 

To keep it all cohesive I added a small amount of stamping in the white space…
The birds are perfect for this 





Some posca snow , charcoal shading 



A sentiment 

and our design is finished 

I do love this type of design….and think how many shapes of sticker stencils we have. 
I do hope you have a go….
and enter the challenge 

I hope you have a lovely weekend…
It is my online class on Saturday for 
Crafty Capers shop in Canada 


I do love crafting with this wonderful group of ladies 

On Sunday we are taking the boys to our local 
Holmes Chapel Christmas Market…and I can’t wait…

Enjoy your weekend..
Stay warm and safe 

Much love and hugs 
Jo xxx




3 comments:

Liz said...

Fabulous card, Jo. xx

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous card Jo .. fab use of the masks
Pauline xx

aussie aNNie said...

MAGICAL, STUNNING AND MOST EXQUISTELY DESIGNED XX