Followers

Wednesday 19 January 2022

It Is A Good Drying Day

Good morning all, 
Thanks so much for popping in. 
Today I have another sample to share with you using stamps from  the new release. 
Not long now. 
Only 2 sleeps. 


As soon as I saw the new Moulted wings I could just picture them hanging out to dry. 
So I set about trying to create what was in my mind. 

This is what I did.


I started by stamping the new English Bluebell stamps.
I thought these would make great end posts for my washing line. 


Next I added the washing line with a fine liner pen…oh and not so steady hand. 
I stamped the wings. 



Then I added the landscape and sky…
I was looking for a moody sky. 
We have had the most amazing skies recently.
This was yesterday morning whilst I was walking Eric. 
I really do get so much inspiration from nature. 



To build up the scene I added some more bluebells.




Followed by some ink blending and water splats to frame the design. 



The  wings needed some colour so I painted them using ink and mica minerals with water. 


I also added some splats of this to give a shimmery, magical feel to the design. 


For the finishing touches I used gel pens and chalk pastel pencils. 
Plus some Orchard grass along the front, just to add some detail in the foreground. 
Then finally I added a touch of the Bell Flower Vine stamp along the top of the design. 
All these finishing touches help to complete the whole look of the piece. 




This is just what I had imagined, 
and I thoroughly enjoyed creating it. 

These new stamps have so many possibilities.
Just let you imagination flow. 

Take care all 
Much love and hugs 
Jo xxxx








3 comments:

Pauline C said...

Fabulous and so creative Jo. I love the bluebells and the bell flower vine. Luckily for me I don’t want the frogs, beavers or boats or I think I would be bankrupt .. but there are so many flowers, foliage and trees I want! Xx

Trisha N said...

Oh wow, wonderful creative way to use the wings, trees and your imagination, reminicent of the fairy clothes line stamp this is so clever I thought it was a whole new stamp! Xx

Gibmiss said...

Can’t wait to get these stamps jo ….
Hugs Sylvie xx