Followers

Wednesday 15 May 2019

Seeing is believing

Good afternoon all, 
Well, what beautiful weather we are having at the moment. 
I do hope you had a lovely weeeknd. 
Ours took a nose dive when Jenson was admitted to hospital, 
So on Saturday, I went to the Happy Stampers Show at Port Sunlight 
But only spent and hour or so inside.
Karl, Adam and Elliot came with me and played outside.


This was Elliot picking a daisy for grandma. 

It has been such a worrying time as Jenson stopped feeding and was just sleeping all the time. 
He had a high temperature , rash and looked so poorly. 
Thank goodness yesterday we got some better news and he is slowly on the mend. 
So good to see him awake again. 
We are hoping that he will be home in the next few days. 



So I have been on Grandma duties for  the last couple of days.
Elliot, Bless him has worn me out. 
Today , he is in nursery.
So I am catching up in my craft room. 
I have a Lavinia card to share with you today. 
It is one of my dt inspirations for the current ‘Make It Bright ‘ Challenge, 
You can enter it here 


This is how I created it. 




I started by adding some  ink to my card. 



I then covered it up and added another colour. 



And finally a third colour, I used a dragging motion to look like rays coming way from the centre of the design. 



I removed the mask, added some water splats, then some stamping using the 
Seeing is believing stamp from Lavinia.



Next I added a couple more dandelion heads, plus some script stamping using second generation stamping. 



Finished off with a sentiment and some liquid glass. 

Here is a closer look 





I do love how the silhouette stands out against the bright background. 

I adore the way that Tracey draws here floral stamps. 
I am so excited as today I have cut my first bunch of sweat peas from our new garden, 
Thanks to my brother Chris for starting them off for me from seeds. 



Thanks for joining me today, 
I had better get on. 
Lots to catch up with.

Love and hugs 
Jo. xxx

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this card Jo, thank you for the instructions too. Glad to hear Jenson is improving and hopefully he will be home very soon. Love to you all Angie x

Barbara Finch said...

Such a worrying time for you all. Good to hear that there is some improvement . Lovely photos of your little boys - and the sweet peas! Take care. Xxx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous card Jo and I adore the colour of your sweet peas. Poor Jenson, lovely to,hear your little man is on the mend. Sending hugs ❤️❤️❤️

Lisapmac said...

Oh bless glad little Jenson is doing better.
Gorgeous artwork and love the effect xx

gwen70 said...

So pleased Jenson is improving. Stunning card Jo. I have only just put my sweet peas in. xx

Chrissie Roberts said...

It's so good hear that Jenson is getting better Jo.
This is a gorgeous card - thank you for the step by step, I need it!
Those sweet peas are a gorgeous colour too. Just beautiful. I wonder do they have a scent? A lot of them are unscented these days. We were at Claires' with the children today & the smell of bluebells hits you as soon as you arrive! I do love Spring
I hope the little one is home soon.
Take care & keep safe
((hugs)) xx

Donna Brooks said...

Good news about Jenson, so glad for you all. Love the fairy card, such a lovely sun burst behind her, I have this stamp so I might borrow your colour way and give it a try. Have a great weekend. XX