Followers

Friday 16 March 2018

Lavinia Inspiration.

Good afternoon all, 
Thanks for joining me on this grey , miserable Friday. 
I do hope you have some spring weather wherever you are..
My frogs are back in my pond and they are getting very friendly with each other,,,!!!!!!
So I am hopeful that this is a sign  that Spring is on its way. 
Although we seem to have some cold weather , even snow,  on the cards for this weekend. 
I hope not as it is our Cumbria workshop tomorrow..
Fingers crossed ladies and gentleman..




Today , I am sharing some Lavinia inspiration with you..
I do hope you like it...
And here is how I created it...




I started with stencil card and distress Oxide ink pads...
And oh yes....my Billy Brayer....
He has definitely come out of his box now...


As we are only making a background, it really doesn’t have to be perfect...(good job really )


Next some water splatters...


Oh yes..,I love that...


Next I stamped the hare,.,


Added the moon mask and some shading 



You can see how it is starting to build up 


I added some foliage ...




Some hills. 


And some colour...


I do love to add detail, and this fabulous Dandelion stamp is great for that 
I really wanted to frame the design, 




So first I edged the card with purple ink 


Followed by Black ink. 
See how that really makes a big difference 


And then the picture frame,,,
I stamped a Lavinia sentiment , and just cut out the word Wish....
I do love to do this...
You don’t have to use the whole sentiment,,,
Some white Posca dots...
And some glitter , 


And there we have it...
The frame is from Ikea...
And I think this will look lovely in my guest bedroom...




I really enjoyed making this, the 
Distress oxides are fabulous to use...
I do hope you enjoy using them too..
Right, better get on with sorting out my bags for tomorrow...oh and get some petrol...
Have a lovely weekend all...

Much love and hugs 
Jo. xxx



















8 comments:

gwen70 said...

Thanks for the tutorial Jo, gorgeous picture. Will have a play tomorrow while I am at Rachel's with the children xx

Unknown said...

That's a gorgeous picture Jo, I love the little hare. Hope the weather is kind to you tomorrow, safe journey xxx

Donna Brooks said...

This is gorgeous, love the Oxides. I am building my collection of Lavinia stamps and really like the fairies, also just got some of the hairy animals so I can have a go at this project. Hope the snow doesn't disrupt your class, stay safe if it comes. XX

Jan said...

Thank you so much jo for this tutorial . I love the colors and composition and scene and I have all the stamps . I will give this a try soon . You're one of the greatest . So kind .
Have a great weekend . Janice

Unknown said...

This is fabulous Jo, I really look forward to your tutorials. I think I need to buy some Oxides after seeing this. :-) What size is your moon? Hope you have a wonderful weekend with safe travels.

Tracey T said...

Gorgeous art, I searched high and low to see how you used the dandelion, very clever, I might borrow that idea if I may 😃 thankyou for the great tutorial xx

Donna Yates said...

This is beautiful. I will try and do something similar. Thanks for sharing x

MFM said...

Another stunning piece of work. Just love that hare so I need to Own that stamp.
Hope Cumbria went well.
Xx