Followers

Thursday 25 January 2018

Spring florals

Good morning all and thanks for popping in. 
I hope your week is going well. 
All ok here thanks even if it was another very muddy dog walk this morning .
Today I just wanted to tell you about our workshops yesterday , it was our usual Wednesday workshops 
In Hazel Grove , Cheshire. 
Here I am so lucky to be able to spent time with two lovely groups of ladies. 
We craft, chat, drink coffee and eat cake,,and it is great to see how friendships develop .


This is our afternoon group , beavering away.

Yesterday we used a fabulous set of stamps from Apple Blossom...available here 

This is a fantastic set of fifteen Stamps and it holds so many possibilities .

It is available from a wonderful online craft store CraftStash...
Simply click on the CraftStash banner on the right

This is our first card 


We stamped using a permanent ink and then added colour using distress inks and water..
We added some ink and stamping around the border...I do love how  well purples and pinks go together...and after all
I do believe that shades of purple are going to be very on trend this season.
A grey pencil was used to add some shade to give a 3d effect to the wreath . 
Then some stickles to add a little sparkle. 


I had a play at repeat stamping the wreath stamp using the coloured Distress ink pads and my stamp press 
And this is what I came up with...
Rather cool , I thought . 


This was our second card, I went for a spring feel to this one...
We used pencils to add colour to the stamped image this time and have you seen the lovely little butterflies .They have had 
Glossy Accents added to them. 
I do love to do this. 
Now as you lovely readers know I have a bit of a thing about wreath cards 
So I had a play with the little butterfly stamp 
Look 

I think this is great for a quick little topper...
Don’t you ? 
Now the other thing I like to do is pattern building...so I couldn’t resist using a fabulous little corner stamp that 
Comes in the stamp set 
So I had a quick play on a piece of copier paper 
Look 


Like I say so many possibilities 
Imagine this design with some colour added to it.
Now I have some exciting news for you..
If you fancy getting your crafty hands on this stamp set....just follow the link on my blog and it will take you directly to it...
And you can get 10% of your order by using this code 
AFJRC10
And this is here for two weeks..
Now that is a real treat for a Thursday 
Now I must love you and leave you as I have a walk planned with a certain little man..
Elliot is here for the day..
Oh happy Grandma times..
Take care everyone..
Much love and hugs 
Jo. xxx







4 comments:

rachel said...

gorgeous cards jo - hope you and elliot are all wrapped up - its chilly out there - bright and gorgeous but chilly! Enjoy and I'll see you on Saturday xx

Chrissie Roberts said...

Thanks for a great afternoon Jo. I had a great time & def want those stamps. The wreath is very unusual & the set is a great bargain. Thank you for that :)
I hope you enjoyed your walk with the little fella.
Take care xx

Jo Rice said...

Thanks Rachel, yes we were all wrapped up nice and warm...see you tomorrow..I think rain is forecast once again...xxxx

Jo Rice said...

So glad that you enjoyed it Chrissie...and yes it really is a fab stamp set...
Have a lovely weekend...hugs..xx