Followers

Friday 19 January 2018

Some spotlighting

Good afternoon everyone,,

Hope you are feeling well today...and that you have a lovely weekend planned .
I have an inky day tomorrow..so I am really looking forwards to that.
And then Elliot is coming for a sleep over....

Today I thought we would do some spotlighting..
This is a great technique 
And can be used to make quick cards or more in depth ones. 


Todays is a fun, quick card. 

Spotlighting is just a way of highlighting an area,,,or multiple areas...
This can be by adding colour, texture, or shine such as using a clear embossing powder..
The area can be any shape you want , although I do like to use circles. 


I started by die cutting some circles out of stencil card 


And then added some stamping 
These are JOFY Stamps from PaperArtsy


I then stamped two smaller die cuts 


And added some colour with my Spectrum Noir pencils 


Next 
I added a sentiment from my stash (we will be using this stamp at next Wednesday’s workshops )




And added a random Line border. 
Some matting and layering...


And then using a dries clear glue ( for wiggle time ) 
I added the spotlights
Carefully lining them up...

I do love how effective this is..

So there we have it 
A Friday 
Hello 
To everyone..

Enjoy your weekend
Love and hugs 
Jo. xxx







3 comments:

MFM said...

Great technic. Love the quirky stamps. Enjoy your Elliot time.
Hugs

Chrissie Roberts said...

Love this card Jo. It's so clean and fun.
We have had nothing but snow on and off for the last week and loads today although they promise heavy rain this afternoon!?? Fingers crossed for better weather and health this week. I would love to make (and finish!!) a card or two like this lol
I hope grandma duties weren't too tough :)
Lots of love & ((hugs))

Donna Brooks said...

I've done this a couple of times and it makes a lovely card. Thanks for the reminder. Xx