Followers

Tuesday 18 September 2018

Tuesday catch up

Good afternoon everyone, 
Thanks for joining me today .
How is Tuesday treating you ? 
I have just got home after spending a few hours with Karen, 
I used to live next door to her...
I can’t believe that we have been here for five weeks now..
We are just getting to the end of our boxes , 
and it was great excitement the other day when our bins arrived .
Karl was out and had our number on them quick as a flash 
It will be great to use them and not have to take everything to the tip.


I must say we have been blown over by the lovely messages, cards and gifts 
that we have been given 
Thank you all so, so much 
We really appreciate them all....
My craft room is slowly getting sorted, 
I have a light now .


And the dogs have found a place to sleep whilst I work 
Look 


Can you see them both, under the table ? 



I still need to buy more storage units, 
But that will have to wait, workshops and magazine commissions to do first 

I did manage a play the other day with a new die from Clarity 


This is what it cuts out 


And this is what I created 


I do love to make my own backgrounds (as you know )


I started by blending my inks. 
If you remember I like to add the top and bottom ink first 
Then add the middle one blending it into the top and bottom, in one go. 
It really makes it so much quicker and easier 


Do remember to put a bit of time and effort into the blending 
And you can go from this to 

This 



Next I added some water splats 


Love that 
To enhance it more , I added some splats of Inka gold (silver )


When dry , I assembled the card 


I find that dries clear glue works well to attach the die to the card, 
Using a fine nozzle or a cocktail stick to apply it 


Here is a closer look 


I do love the contrast with the autumn colours and the white...

I do believe we may be getting our first autumn storm tomorrow..
Safe travels ladies and see you in Hazel Grove .

Before I go,,,
Here is a photo of a certain little man at the zoo,
He is a big fan of ice cream...


Thanks for visiting,,,
Take care all

Much love and hugs 
Jo. xxx




























4 comments:

Sall said...

So pleased you are getting settled in Jo.....your craft room is lovely....especially the light fitting. Have a great week xx

gwen70 said...

Glad everything is slowly coming together, love the card and of course Elliot

Jo Rice said...

Thanks Sally and you too...xx

Jo Rice said...

Thank you Gwen , xxx