Followers

Friday 15 June 2018

Lace, buttons and bows.

Good morning everyone, 
Thanks for popping in on this Friday morning, 
another very busy day here as it is our 
Cumbria class tomorrow,,.
Another full class so lots of prep to do...
Today it is a new Challenge 
over on the Fussy and Fancy Challenge blog 
The new theme is 
Lace, Buttons and Bows...
Our lovely hostess is Jules 
and this is what I came up with 


I didn’t want to just do the obvious and add a piece of lace, a button and a bow to a topper. 
So I decided to make my own background using a piece of lace. 




I added some distress ink onto my Gelli plate 



Then placed the piece of lace over my stencil card 


Then placed the Gelli plate on top of the lace and gave it a good press. 


And this is what I got...
Oh , I love it 


Perfect for the new seahorse stamp from Lavinia 


Next came some bubbles, another Lavinia stamp..
As usual I did that thing that I do..
And yes,,,I really did


Cut my stamp into two..!!!



I added some detail to the bubbles, and some colour to the seahorse, 


Some matting and layering, 
Followed by ribbon 


Buttons and Bows...
As always the glossy Accents came out to play ,
I do love the detail of this stamp.



If you would like to check out the designs from the rest of the dt,
Just go here .

Even better 
Why not have a play and enter the challenge 

Must dash...
So much to do..
See you lovely ladies in Cumbria tomorrow...
Early start...

Much love and hugs 
Jo. xxxx













10 comments:

Unknown said...

Love This card with Sebastian x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous card and I love your background , I love lace and the gelli plate, works so well and adds wonderful texture to a background. Fabulous seahorse which sits beautifully on the backdrop. Tracy ❤️❤️

Jo Rice said...

Thanks Mary, see you in the morning,,,bright and early....xx😀

Barbara Finch said...

Lovely card Jo - such a clever background too! And the colours are perfect. Counting down to tomorrow now and really looking forward to our 'playday'!! Xx

Darlene said...

Well aren't you the clever one! This is gorgeous!!

Sam Squires - A Crafting Niche said...

What a great technique for the background. I have one but have not got round to using it yet. Maybe it's time to have a play x

rosiejt said...

I love this, Jo!

Lisapmac said...

Fabulous card, I have yet to use my lace on my gelli plate, great background which suits the seahorse stamp beautifully xx

Chrissie Roberts said...

It is fabulous Jo. I almost bought that stamp last week! The lace background is brilliant. xx

Donna Brooks said...

Fantastic effect with the lace. Love this card. Xx