Followers

Tuesday 1 May 2018

Requested tutorial.

Good afternoon all, 
Hope your week is going well. 
It has been another stressful day here, 
Another viewing, 
So more decorating, cleaning and sorting out..
We only have until Thursday and then we loose the deposit 
And the house that we love...grrrr
I really feel that I am aging by years every day at the moment 

Today I am sharing with you a tutorial that has been requested by a couple of ladies. 


This is one of our cards from our recent Cumbria Retreat... 
I must just say a big thank you to all the ladies who have sent 
Messages, emails and cards of thanks for the weekend..
So glad that you enjoyed it 


I started by using a fabulous stamp set from Hobby Art 
It is Becki’s Backgrounds 
The wood grain stamp is fab 


Next I added some splats with another great stamp.




I do love the way this background builds up ,
Finally I edged it with a black sharpie pen .


The butterfly is from Jamie’s Collection- Butterflies anther Hobby Art set .
Stamped in Black Archival ink, then clear embossing powder and heated. 
This gives a raised gutter, so that the detail can be painted using Luscious powders and water from IndigoBlu...
I do love painting with these. 
I also added a few splats of colour to the background...
Finally I added the butterfly, plus some 
Black thread underneath...
You know how I love doing this after seeing it used by  the 
Wonderful Tracy Evans.


I really love the style of this card...
So fresh...
And could be used for so many occasions 
I do like to leave cards like this without a sentiment, 
Then I can always add one later. 

Hope you enjoyed that 
I must go as I need to finish getting sorted 
It is our Hazel Grove workshops tomorrow..
See you soon ladies...

Love and hugs 
Jo. xxx







5 comments:

Barbara Finch said...

Fingers crossed for you Jo - do hope you have some good news about your house soon. So stressfull for you. Xx

gwen70 said...

Thanks for the tutorial JO, hope you get the house sorted soon xx

Tracey T said...

Fabulous inspiration, thankyou....i love the use of the thread, looks fantastic xx

Chrissie Roberts said...

Love this card Jo. Thank you for the tutorial :)
I feel your pain re the house. It's not easy moving homes but harder for you when you need to sell. I will keep my fingers crossed something happens tomorrow (Thursday) xx

Ann Margaret said...

Fingers crossed for you that you don't lose the house. Thank you for taking the time to blog this card xx