Followers

Monday 20 February 2017

Petite Gelli plates

Good afternoon all, hope you had a good weekend and that Monday is treating you well.

I had a busy time with Clarity Cumbria on Saturday and then the Stitches Trade show at the NEC yesterday,

It was so good to have a catch up with Barbara, Dave, Paul , Linda and the Clarity gang plus to see so many friends...far too many to mention...it really was a fabulous day. Thanks to Glynis and Claire for your company.

On Saturday we had a play day with the petite Gelli plates...

We started with the lace technique, this is so effective and I must thank our Barb for this...did you see her when she did it on tv?

Here is a closer look, I do love to use the charcoal pencils to add depth .

Look what the crafters made

After coffee and flapjack we looked at some techniques using stencils and the Gelli plates

Then after lunch it all got a bit fishy

Look at these

 

And Freda, look Lisa was top of the class as she added some fishing net to the side of her design , how fabulous..

..wish I had thought of that....

We were treated to special Birthday cake...thanks Penny...and Sheila had made us yummy cakes too,,,so we had tea and cake before our forth design..

We did have a couple of ' naughty table ' incidents which had us in stitches...but my lips are sealed..!!!!

After all ....what goes on in Craft club....stays in Craft club...

If you haven't used you Gelli plates yet , please do get them out and have a play...

They make the most fabulous backgrounds...I can't wait to finish this one..

I do love my workshop days and I have met the most wonderful ladies and gentlemen..It is such a great relaxed environment and a great place to learn new techniques. So if you haven't managed to ever get to a local class...I do urge you to join in...I am sure you will love it.

I have been making Groovi samples today , but I must admit , I have been a little bit tired...so I think I may just hang up my light panel and head for the shower..

Thanks for joining me...enjoy your evening and see you soon

Love and hugs

Jo. xxx

 

9 comments:

dbr44 said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend Jo. I do love these little Gelli plates but I bought the bigger one and DB might object! These designs are so lovely esp the fish ... what a great idea!
Chrissie xx

Jane said...

Fabulous cards Jo! I'm loving the patchwork too! Hugs! X

Lisapmac said...

Wonderful inspiration Jo, I do like how you shade things so must try this, looks so effective. Beautiful arowork from the group xx

Angela said...

Some great work Jo, glad you had a good weekend xx

Jan said...

Lovely cards and sounds like you all had a wonderful day .

Donna Brooks said...

Wow, such a super collection of cards. I bet everyone was really pleased with their makes. XX

gwen70 said...

Great day, loved it

Unknown said...

Gorgeous works of art Jo. Very clever with the patchwork, especially as they aren't bleeding into each other :) xx

Jo Rice said...

Thanks ladies, for your lovely comments...group hug...xxx