Followers

Friday 25 September 2015

Say it with Flowers.

Good afternoon, yah it is Friday...and the start of the weekend...I do hope you have something wonderful planned...

Today I am going to share a project with you that uses flowers from Sweet Lilac Flowers...they have a wonderful blog Challenge where one lucky person will win a hamper of flowers every month...

The theme at the moment is ......Say it with Flowers.....

And here is my mid challenge inspiration...

Remember it doesn't have to be a card, it can be a canvas, a tag, an altered art piece....as long as it fits the theme and used the flowers....

http://sweetlilacflowers.blogspot.co.uk

I started it this great little calendar block...

And added some Inka Gold wax....very randomly with my fingers.

Next I added some stamping....with these brilliant stamps from Clarity ...they are part of the journaling set.

I stamped organically...that is without the use of a clarity handle...in order to give this shabby effect.

I chose some flowers from my stash of Sweet Lilac Flowers

And glued them into place with a hot glue gun. I also added a metal embellishment...

Then out with my spray booth and I sprayed all sides with the Spray'n'Shine from Crafters companion...

Here is a closer look at the flowers..

Now the date is carefully set to today....

A special day for me as it is my sisters Birthday....and she really is the best sister in the world....

Happy Birthday Sheila....have a great day....

Oh and she bakes amazing cakes too.....

On that note it is time for some lunch.....

Do remember that Barbara is on Hochanda on Sunday with some brilliant new products....

I will blog some sneaky photos tomorrow...

Enjoy your Friday evening...and see you tomorrow..

Much love and hugs.

Jo. xxx

 

11 comments:

Angela said...

Love it Jo - what a great way of displaying flowers. Happy birthday to your sister. Hugs xxx

Barbara Finch said...

Lovely project Jo - such pretty autumn colours. Sheila kept her birthday quiet Please wish her a Happy Birthday from me. Xx

Barbara Finch said...

Lovely project Jo - such pretty autumn colours. Sheila kept her birthday quiet Please wish her a Happy Birthday from me. Xx

Debbie said...

Gorgeous project.
Happy Birthday to Sheila and yes she does make superb cakes!
Debbie X

Theresa said...

this is ace Jo. where do you get calendars from? have a fab weekend, hugs xx

rachel said...

this is wonderful Jo - been looking for inspiration for one of these i bought - thankyou! Hugs rachel x

Jo Rice said...

Thanks Theresa, I got it from Creativ.....a brilliant company...have a lovely weekend..xx

Jo Rice said...

Thanks Angela, have a lovely weekend...xx

Jo Rice said...

Thanks Barbara, ...and oh yes...she did...so I let the cat out of the bag...hugs..xx

Jo Rice said...

Thanks Debbie, ...good to have a project that has a use...hugs. X

Jo Rice said...

Cheers Rachel, looking forward to seeing yours when they are finished...hugs to you and the girls...xxx