Followers

Tuesday 15 April 2014

Monochromatic

Good morning all, hope you had a good weekend, Ally Pally was amazing and we were so busy...the stand was under this fantastic window and it all looked stunning.


We launched the new wheelie stencils, oh you definitely need them...
I am very lucky and got time to play with them ( more about that later in the week ).
On to today, it is a new challenge over at the Sweet Lilac Flowers blog.
The new theme is Monochromatic, so that means, tones or shades of one colour along with white and remember to use your flowers too.
Here is my take on the theme...do hope you like it.

I started with a piece of the Gelli card, I do love this card. I used the Allium 1 stamp from Clarity and began stamping using Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink. After each image I turned the card through 90 degrees and repeated the stamping.

Until I had four images.

Then I stamped the allium in the middle of the stalk, turned the card and repeated it again.

Until I had this wreath shape.

Then I added some shape to the wreath using the Allium 3 stamp and Dried Marigold Distress Ink.

Some matting and layering,

I chose these gorgeous orange flowers from Sweet Lilac and glued them into place with Glue Gel..I added some dew drops using Glossy Accents.


I decided to add a couple of butterflies and made them from cutting into one of the flat flowers, and used the stem to form the antennae.

Next I glued the butterflies into place and added some gems.

Here is a closer look.

And

The other D.T. members have made great projects and you can find them on the blog
http://sweetlilacflowers.blogspot.co.uk
Thanks for popping in today, I am off to get ready for tomorrow's workshops in Hazel Grove...

Have a good day all,

Much love, Jo. X

 

12 comments:

rachel said...

fabulous inspiration Jo - wonderful card - not forgotten about the workshops - still trying to get a yes or no from my mum!! Big Hugs rachel xx

Debbie said...

Wow Jo.....Genius. I was looking at it thinking how did you get the lines inbetween the flower heads, how brilliant the step by step. I hope you will let me use this idea for a workshop for the girls, they love new techniques that they wouldn't think of, I cud do this with them. I don't have Barbara's lovely stamp, but I have something similar from Inkililcious so hopefully it will work, I will experiment!!
Debbiex

Jane said...

Love it! What a fabulous colour! And you keep reminding me I need to buy these stamps! In fact that may be a task for later!!! Have fun tomorrow at hazel grove! Xxx

Linda Simpson said...

WOW that window is amazing! Your tutorial is fabulous, thank you for sharing and I am so loving your gorgeous card!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Mindful craft said...

Beautiful bright colours Jo, great inspiration, enjoy the rest of your week
Hugs
Karen xx

Redanne said...

I love the design - how very clever, the colour is gorgeous too. Anne x

Lisapmac said...

Very pretty x

Theresa said...

this is so delicate Jo, love it. and you know the funny thing....when i read your blog i read it with your voice echoing it in my head so i get accent and all. and it was lovely seeing you again at ally pally and massi sends his regards too xx

Stamping Bubbles said...

This is beautiful Jo. Love the colours you have used. Very ingenious use of a flower to make the butterflies. Glad you enjoyed Ally Pally but I guess it was hard work too.
Lesley

Unknown said...

Glad you had fun at Ally Pally Jo, your card is stunning. I love it, spiced marmalade is not an ink I would usually use for the forefront of my card, but it is very effective and I will have to try it x
Denise x

Unknown said...

Hi Jo, saw you on the stand at Ally Pally but it was so busy I didn't get to say hi & then time ran away & I didn't get chance to pop back.
This card is gorgeous, really love the colour & such a clever idea. Those dew drops a a lovely touch too.
Amy x

Vanessa Hodgson said...

Wow what a great idea turning the flower into a butterfly and the card is lovely too, much less complicated when you break it down, thank you xx