Followers

Friday 18 May 2018

Favourite Florals

Good morning all, 
Well another day and another blog post...phew...
I am on a roll.
Don’t worry as it won’t last...
It is another lovely day out there and I have been for a long walk with Tess and Eric.
Today I am thrilled to be hosting the latest Fussy and Fancy Challenge 
I have chosen Favourite Florals as the theme. 
Here is my inspiration. 



One of my favourite flowers...Poppies...
And I just adore the Mecanopsis poppies 
But unfortunately they won’t grow in my garden..


I used a fabulous Poppies Stamp set from Hobby Art.
I started by repeat stamping the poppy head 


Then added some colour and Fussy cut them .



For the background , I started with this great circle stamp from the set 


Then added some splats 


Some script. 




Some splats of Inka gold, 


When dry I added a piece of fabric square..
This was a purchase from Port Sunlight last Saturday.


Some bakers twine and the poppy came next 


A lovely sentiment from the set 
And finally 


I stamped and coloured a butterfly 
I do love these pens...
And after a wonderful tutorial from Jenny Mayes , I am now using mine. 
Not just looking at them .
Like us Crafters do...


And my little finishing off trick ..
Some glossy Accents 



Do pop over to the 
Fussy and Fancy blog 

And have a look at what my teamies have come up with 
Fabulous inspiration 
I am really looking forwards to visiting everyone’s blog and 
Seeing what you come up with 

I hope you have a lovely weekend planned..
Will you be watch a certain special wedding 
It is our Cumbria class ...so I will see it when I get home,,
Just to get in the spirit of the day though 
We are having wedding cake and wearing hats!!!! lol.

Have a great weekend all
Much love and hugs 
Jo. xxx
























4 comments:

gwen70 said...

Love the card Jo, fabulous poppy stamp xx

Donna Brooks said...

Love these layered cards, the splats and stamping make it look so lovely. Have a good weekend. XX

Wendy Bellino said...

Your mixed media card is FAB! Gorgeous coloring and shading and I'm loving the embellishment cluster.

Jo Rice said...

Thanks ladies...hope you had a lovely weekend..xxx