Followers

Friday 27 October 2017

So Spooky

Good morning all , 
Well , we made it through to Friday...
Yesterday I had a lovely day at The paper Warehouse in Kendal, we had another full class of ladies and we made Christmas cards. 
I am so pleased that is another four made, and ready to send...
You see I have a plan...I will get some Christmas cards made and sent this year..
Have you started yet ? 
It was brilliant to catch up with so many friends, and Agnes , thanks for travelling all that way to come,,,I really appreciate it...hope your homework is going well. 
Now today , it is a new Challenge over at the Fussy and Fancy Challenge Blog. 
Our theme is 
So Spooky 
And it is hosted by the fabulous Sasha
Here is my inspiration for you...


And here is how it came about 


I started with a piece of Stencil card and used a couple of brown ink pads direct to paper .
I just dragged them across the paper...and added some happy clappy (workshops ladies , you know how we love doing happy clappy )
I wanted to create a type of panelled wood effect...


Next I used a book shaped die cut 
Santa’s book-from Precious Marieke cutting dies 


I cut out the cover and then some pages...
Next it was time to play ...and decorate the pages 


I do love this script stencil from Claritystamp 


And this Spider Web corner Stamp...
With the addition of a little friendly spider 




Next I added some Halloween shapes that I had cut out on my Brother Scan N Cut .



The crackle stamp came in very useful. 



I assembled the book and added some ribbon 


I stamped the words with the Letter Box set of Stamps , and added some white highlights, and a little glass bottle. 


Thanks to a very special lady , Fiona , who made me the beaded embellishment...
And it is her Birthday today ...so Happy Birthday Fiona , have a great day..




And these are the pages 


So there we have it a Spooky card ready for next weeks Halloween celebrations..
We have a certain little man coming round to show us his pumpkin fancy dress...
Elliot is coming round this afternoon for a sleep over so, grandma and grandad are rather excited...
Hope you have a relaxing weekend...and enjoy whatever you do 
If you get chance please pop over to the Fussy and Fancy blog to have a look at the inspiration from the other dt members 

Take care all
Love and hugs 
Jo. xxx








10 comments:

MFM said...

Fabulous card. Hope Elliot enjoys his sleep over as much as grandma and grandad will.xx

Darlene said...

This is SO awesome Jo! Thanks for sharing how you made the book ... looks SO AMAZING! Great job! Have a fabulous weekend!

Beth Brovold said...

Oh WOW Jo! This is fabulous and informative...what an amazing design and of course your tutorials are always simply amazing!! Hope you enjoy a wonderful weekend!
Take care,
Beth

Guillyflower said...

Great card Jo. Love the dragged ink in the first picture. It looks so realistic it could have been from an old book. I have to admit I thought you had been 'happy clappy' with dirty water!! lol
Have a great time (don't you always) with Elliot. My two have just left back home to Yorkshire. So quiet when they have gone.
Have fun at Halloween & don't frighten too many children hehe
(hugs) Chrissie

SamsHomeCookedDesigns.com said...

I love it Jo its so YOU!! Ha ha that could be taken the wrong way!!! Xxxx

Barbara Finch said...

Great fun Jo - so original! Enjoy your Halloween with Elliot. Xx😁 🎃🎃🎃

Theresa said...

great dimension you have created here. lovely halloween project. i hope you have afab weekend xx

Unknown said...

Brilliant book Jo! Have a lovely time with your little pumpkin :-) Catch you soon xxx

2amscrapper said...

I love that book die and the fabulous book you made with it. Helene

Jo Rice said...

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments,,,,xxx