Followers

Monday 20 July 2015

Canvas playtime..

Good afternoon all, do hope your week has started well.

Mine started at 5-30 am when Karl had to leave to go to London...so I decided as I had a busy day ahead I might as well get up and start ticking jobs off the list...

After breakfast and walking the dogs I got on and tackled planning for future workshops...

Then it was some washing and ironing....some paperwork and then I just felt like something completely different...

So here we go...

Deep breath...

And ...

Bet you weren't expecting that....

Barbara has been having a canvas sale and doing lots of canvas work...so I just felt like joining her...

But doing it a bit differently...

The wax crayons were attached to the canvas using a glue gun...and then melted using a heat tool...

My canvas needed something else so a helpful friend of mine suggested the man with the umbrella from the Wheelie Stencils....and yes thanks Yvonne ....I like that idea...

So there we have it.... And yes...they were great fun to make....

Thanks for looking in....take card and pop back soon.

Love and hugs,

Jo. xxxx

 

15 comments:

Angie said...

Wow Jo they are different and I love them, they are definitely a piece of artwork. You have had a lovely productive day xx

Lisapmac said...

That looked fun to do and very freeing xx

Saintly Lisa said...

Wow Jo, they are fabulous! I love them, what a clever idea xx

Saintly Lisa said...

Wow Jo, they are fabulous! I love them, what a clever idea xx

Mrs P said...

This is great Jo - brilliant idea :-) xxx

Yvonne said...

This is fabulous Jo! Thanks so much for the mention but I'm sure you'd have found him! What a fabulous way to spend some crafty time during a day in your own.
I got my goodies today from the canvas sale xxx

Jane said...

These look great Jo! I saw this done by a friend's son and they look amazing as a piece of artwork! Xxx

Jane said...

These look great Jo! I saw this done by a friend's son and they look amazing as a piece of artwork! Xxx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

5.30am start wow, now that's early. Maybe I should take a leaf out of your book and start early to fit more in during the day lol. Great canvases, love the melted wax crayons. Tracy x

Jo Rice said...

Oh no.....hope he wasn't a toddler.....lol...x

Donna Brooks said...

I have seen these done on you tube and they always look so effective. My new canvases arrived today! Yikes! I have given them a stroke and then put them in my craft room. I will be brave and do one soon.................well soonish! Xx

Theresa said...

what a fab idea and great way of using the crayons. hugs xx

Jeanette Butler said...

Well that's different but really fun. I forgot about my wheelie stencils too but rediscovered the branch & leaf one the other day. Think your little man is perfect though. He must be pretty scared waiting for hot , colourful wax to fall on him though! Best wishes, Jeanette xx

Naomi said...

Very cool Jo. xxx

Anonymous said...

Clever idea Jo, great canvas.