Followers

Wednesday 4 February 2015

In The Country.

Good evening all, thanks for popping in , as always it is good to see you.

I am sorry that I have been quiet for a few days but you see Adam was taken ill at work on Saturday and then admitted to hospital on Sunday....so I have been busy the last few days with visiting, dog walking and generally spinning all those plates in order to keep everything going ...

I have just got home after another visit...oh my ...it is very warm in there...he is a little better today and for the first time is not attached to a drip...

Back to the weekend...did you see Barbara on C&C ? , I have record the shows but as you can imagine not been able to watch any yet....

So today I thought I would share one of my samples with you...I so love this stamp set...In The Country...

I hope you don't mind but for speed ( I need to make tea,Hoover and be back with Ad for 7pm!!!) I thought a picture tutorial would be good...

Gelli card and the stone wall stencil..

We have a wall...

And now we have hares..

These masks are brilliant..

And now we have trees..

 

And a dog.

Some sky..

And soon some sun..

And some land.

The Spectrum Noir pencils are fab to add colour.

And so relaxing too...( I could do with some colouring at the mo)

It really is taking shape now...

Some Charcoal pencil, just to add some shade...and we are done...

Here is a closer look....I do hope you like it...

Just before I go ...we have got a new name for Eric...he is now called ' Shredder' as yesterday he got hold of my kitchen roll and shredded it...and today ...when my back was turned he got my packet of wet wipes and yes shredded them....the taste didn't seem to put him off....

At least he gave Karl and me a laugh...

That's all from me today...

Thank you so much for keeping me company...

Much love and hugs...

 

Jo. xxxxx

 

12 comments:

Barbara Finch said...

So sorry your son is poorly Jo. It's such a worry when these things happen and of course you must put other things on the back burner for a while. Your Clarity sample is lovely and I do like the way you have coloured it with Spectrum Noirs.
Take care and I hope Adam continues to improve. Xx

Barbara Finch said...

So sorry your son is poorly Jo. It's such a worry when these things happen and of course you must put other things on the back burner for a while. Your Clarity sample is lovely and I do like the way you have coloured it with Spectrum Noirs.
Take care and I hope Adam continues to improve. Xx

Jo Rice said...

Thanks Barbara and see you soon...x

Theresa said...

i hope Adam is better soon. i love your wall. it looks totally realistic, take care, hugs xx

Saintly Lisa said...

Hope Adam is feeling better soon Jo, thinking about you all, take care & big hugs from me and Zara xx

Lisapmac said...

Get well soon Adam. It's amazing what you can manage when you have to, it's a woman thing I think ;-) . I have a shredder as well called Jason, butter wouldn't melt when you look at him lol. I can imagine Tess rolling her eyes just like our Trevor lol.

Lovely artwork as always, those new tree stamps are fab, they're on the list along with the wee folk. Take care of you too xx

Emma Burns said...

Hi there Jo. Sorry to hear about Adam, wishing him a speedy recovery. You must be meeting yourself coming back! Maybe Eric was just trying to lighten the mood...albeit failing! As always your cards are awesome, I wouldn't expect anything less. Remember to take care of yourself too. Hugs xxxxx

Yvonne said...

This is such a great scene Jo, a bit of colouring is so relaxing.
Really sorry to hear of your problems and I hope Adam is feeling better very soon.
Sending you a big hug xxx

Jeanette Butler said...

So sorry to hear about Adam and I wish him a speedy recovery. You must be frazzled! You've made a great scene with these stamps and the spectrum noir pencils look so vibrant in the trees. Eric's new name sounds very apt. My Izzy is called Gnawer as she gnaws the wooden legs of the stand that her night bed is under. We thought it was just when she was teething as a pup but oh no! It's a wood fixation and we can leave her snuggled next to Hamish with a room full of toys but she always ends up on the table leg. Luckily she's a little dog with tiny teeth xx

Naomi said...

Beautiful card as usual Jo. Hope Adam is feeling better soon.

Jo Rice said...

Thank you all for such lovely comments, they really do help...and to all the ladies who have emailed with messages ...Thank you too....I really so appreciate them all......hugs.Jo. X

Donna Brooks said...

Oh Jo, so sorry to hear that your son is ill. What a worry for you and your husband. Hope everything is sorted out soon. Thinking of you all XX