Followers

Monday 11 November 2013

NEC

Hello all and Happy Monday, although I'm a little tired today....and no wonder after the fabulous time I had at the NEC......which I have decided stands for.....Necessary Education for Crafters.....
I have many stories to tell from Toilet stories....(Sam), tickets traumas (me) and nearly being evicted from the station (Clare), but I'm saving them all for my book.....lol....
Here are some photos....this is one of a few of us at the Clarity Stamp stand ....day 1....


Some of us were lucky enough to go to a great workshop with my lovely friend Clare Charville ....here we are....


At our Clarity meal we all got a little silly with our napkin holders....


And yes, it did look like an advert for SpeckSavers....


Now, those of you who watch the classroom shows will recognise the name Massimo ...he's 5 years old and is one of Theresa Pace's sons.....and oh, he is a wiz with the Gelli Plate....here he is meeting Barbara....we all had a little tear in our eyes...it really was a special moment...


It was great to catch up with so many people and to meet new crafters....especially those who I met for the first time....
We all had a blast .....but back to housework....walking Tess and getting ready for the workshops on Wednesday....
Thanks for looking in today and here's a little bit of craftiness to leave you with......


Gelli plate and Clarity stamps....
Take care and see you soon....Jo. xxx

11 comments:

Naomi said...

Beautiful card Jo, have fun at the workshop. We did have so much fun. Hugs

Yvonne said...

Love your translation of NEC!
Sooo wish I could have been there when Massimo met Barbara (even though he made me a slave, saying that I was Sam's slave too!). Don't tell my husband of my new title please.......

Lisapmac said...

Next year I hope to make it to the NEC. Gorgeous card, love the mix of colours on the gelli background , really like how you have left the kingfisher monotone, looks fab x

Jo Rice said...

Yes we did....oh Naomi I had such a fantastic time and it was made even more special because you and Clare were with us...hugs...x x

Jo Rice said...

Well I am still a Princess to him....lol....x

Jo Rice said...

Thanks....it was such a quick card to make...and you will love the NEC...x

Theresa said...

i like the way you have recounted this jo and you don't know the last one with the car key! Massi say thank for the mention xx

Linda Simpson said...

These photos are fabulous, I do love the gorgeous card and the background looks fabulous. It was great to see you again. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Hugs
Linda xxx

SamsHomeCookedDesigns.com said...

I enjoyed reading your Blog Jo, and you have some great photos too, don't we all look good in Sepia!!! It was a great time and we have a great band of people xxx Your card is lovely too Jo, love the Gelli background and your doodle on the Woodpecker too. Sam xx

nzillingworth said...

NICE TO SEE WHAT YOUR ALL UP TO. FAB CARD . GREAT COLOURS. I WILL GET A GELLI SOMEDAY SOON. LOOKS SO MUCH FUN.

Lynne said...

Great photos Jo. It certainly looks like you all had a wonderful time. I'm so pleased that I got to meet up with you.

Love the card too. Fab colours on the Gelli print. x