Followers

Friday 20 April 2018

Add a Die cut .

Good morning everyone, 
I do hope that you managed to enjoy some of the lovely weather yesterday .
Unfortunately I only managed a quick five minute coffee break as things are a bit hectic here.
You see it is our Cumbria Retreat this weekend...
And there is so much goes on in getting everything organised. 
Fingers crossed that I haven’t forgotten anything .
Before I go and pack the car , 
I need to share the latest Fussy and Fancy card with you .
This is Challenge #210
Add a Die Cut 
And it is hosted by the lovely Gina. 
Here is what I came up with . 


And here is how I created it . 


I started by selecting a piece of Clarity Backing  Parchment, 
And decided where I wanted the sun to be placed 


Then I attached a circle aperture stencil in place, directly onto the card blank. 


And added some ink, and some water splats 


I do love blending these colours 


Next I added some splats of gesso to the parchment and let this dry. 

( we did this in Anglesey last weekend, and some of us got covered in white splats!!!! lol ) 
But I won’t name any names!!!!


I used a die cut , called Bird Flourish from Apple Blossom dies 




And a sentiment from Hobby Art...


I attached the die and the sentiment to the front of the parchment ,
So that I could use red liner tape behind them 
This gave me an invisible way of attaching the parchment to the card blank 


Next some bakers twine , and a button 




And a few drops of glossy Accents 


I do love the way the sun shines through the parchment 

Although it is very cloudy here today...I do wonder if the sun will break through later. 

I would love you to pop over to the Fussy and Fancy blog and see what my fellow dt have created 


Oe even better ,
Why not enter the challenge 

Just before I go I wanted to show you this fabulous cake 


Julie made it for Marjorie , 
One of our Wednesday morning ladies...


Here is Marjorie with the top layer...
We had eaten the rest and very yummy it was too..
Happy Birthday Marjorie..
And shh...you look fab at 85....years young 
I have decided that all workshop cakes are now .
Calorie , sin and guilt Free...
I am sure we are going to be eating more cakes this weekend..

Those who are coming to the retreat 
Safe travels and see you soon
Love and hugs 
Jo. xxxx
















 






6 comments:

Beth Brovold said...

Gorgeous colours and design...another Jo Rice beauty!!! And that cake looks so very yummy...licking my lips just looking at it! Wishing you a wonderful weekend Jo!
Take care,
Beth

gwen70 said...

Thanks for the tutorial Jo, love how you have done the sun on the white card behind the parchment, fab card. The cake looks yummy, have a great weekend looking forward to next month, seems like forever.

Darlene said...

BEAUTIFUL! What a great design ... thanks for all the details! Wonderful inspiration! (that cake looks soooo yummy!)

Tone K. said...

This card is so cool! I love your background :)

Donna Brooks said...

Lovely card Jo. I love the fact that parchment allows for layers to shine through. Xx

SewPaperPaint said...

What an amazing background, die cut and design! This is wonderful! Hugs, Autumn