Followers

Friday 9 June 2017

Pamper your pet

Good morning everyone and thanks for popping in .

Today it is a new Challenge over at the Fussy and Fancy Challenge blog and our new theme is

Pamper your Pet

Our host is the lovely and talented Diane.

Here is my design

And yes , my inspiration is our two lovely Labradors Tess and Eric

And here is how I created my card

I started with the circles box stencil and kept the inner square stencil in place , I used a piece of Stencil card.

Next came the distress Oxide inks, first Faded Jeans through the stencil.

Then I removed the main stencil and added some smoothing with fossilised Amber, and worn lipstick.

My new favourite technique some flicks with wilted violet

Next I removed the inner stencil and stamped my two trusty pets, a Clarity club stamp.

I masked the dogs, added a moon mask and created a landscape.

Using my spectrum Noir pencils I added some colour to the dogs and then grounded them with some charcoal pencils

Some matting and layering

And finally some finishing off touches and embellishments

And my design was complete, glossy Accents looks great on their noses.

Here is a closer look

 

Aw bless them....

I do hope that you enter our challenge , you can find it here http://fussyandfancychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

Enjoy your Friday , and I hope you have a lovely weekend planned .

If you are coming along to the Crafting Live show at Bolton tomorrow , do come and say hello to me. I will be demonstrating all things Groovi on the Art of Craft stand ....

So I had better go and get my bags packed

Take care all.

Much love and hugs

Jo. xxxx

 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I just knew you would have Tess and Eric on your card, Jo and I love it, I haven't seen those Labrador stamps so I am going to have to go shopping!! It is a stunning card but the dogs are the stars xxx

Beth Brovold said...

There's always SO much to learn when visiting with you Jo...fabulous techniques!! And how are your sweet furry darlings?...Eric sure isn't a pup anymore! Love your STUNNING card Jo...wishing you a most wonderful weekend!
Take care,
Beth

Diane said...

Wow JO, I love, love your card (and beautiful fur babies, too)..what a wonderful project and techniques, I will have to try that...like I said a fabulous~fabulous project! Give those big babies a hug for me, I miss my Nellie Belle dog so much!
Diane
{Nellies Nest}

MFM said...

Great ideas again. Tess and Eric look ready for action and I love that stamp, will have to see if it can be purchased.
Hope your weekend goes well and you have a safe journey there and back.
xx

Tone K. said...

Ohh, so cool! You have actually made a card with your two dogs :D So cute :D
Wish you a happy weekend! :)
xx

Jo Rice said...

Thank you ladies for your lovely comments, it is always great to hear from you...hugs...xxx