Followers

Tuesday 16 May 2017

C is for Cornflower

Good afternoon all, and thanks for popping in.

I hope your week has started well, and you have managed to keep dry. Karl has been away and so I have had the pleasure of the very wet dog walks...but then I can't really complain after the lovely weather that we had when we were in Belfast.

On Saturday the workshops at CJ CardCrafts went really well and we had inky play in the morning and then a Groovi afternoon. The crafters are so lovely and Glynis who owns the shop is just fabulous.

Sunday so us heading of to Nottingham with Mikey and Fran , we went for lunch at the new flagship Gusto where Mikey will be working and I was really impressed with it and the staff were so wonderful so that made Mummy Rice feel much better.

Fran came back with us and is staying for another month when she will be going to join him...hopefully by then he will have found a flat for them both...

A bitter, sweet day....

On to some artwork, and I thought we would look at the lovely cornflower stamp.

A nice quick and easy card....( well we are all so busy ...)

I started by stamping the cornflower in Archival ink on this fabulous backing paper from the Sweet Dreams paper pack, designed by our very own Dee....

I added some extra depth using the word stamp and some Distress ink.

Next came the colour using Spectrum Noir pencils,

And glossy detail, using a VeraMark pen and clear embossing powder.

Some matting onto black card and then onto a Kraft card blank.

The finishing touch of string and black enamel accents just finishes it off.

One of my new favourite finishing touches.

Right , I had better get on, so much still to do and it is workshops in Hazel Grove tomorrow.

Take care all,

Much love and hugs

Jo. xxxx

 

 

3 comments:

gwen70 said...

Beautiful cards, love the cornflower stamp. See you on Saturday Gwen xx

Janet Pring said...

Lovely card Jo xx

Donna Brooks said...

Beautiful card. I love cornflowers, it's the blue colour that is so vivid. Will have to add this stamp to my Clarity list. XX