Followers

Sunday 13 March 2016

North of the Border.

Good afternoon all , thanks for coming to visit today, I do hope that the sun is shinning and that you are having a lovely day.

We have just been to collect Tess and Eric from the kennels , and taken them for a long walk...oh I do miss them when we have to leave them .

Yesterday it was Clarity Glasgow, and although it is a very long journey over 240 miles each way ( thank goodness that Karl drives all that way ) ...I love going up and spending time with this great bunch of crafters. We have such a great time and Eileen makes very yummy cakes.

We started with a warm up ' typical Clarity ' card.

Here are the class designs...and how wonderful they all look...

Next we had a play with shaving foam, an old technique,,,but still great to do. We used mount board and made post it note books...

These are such a lovely gift idea.

Soon it was time for lunch.

And then some 'Smooshing' , oh this is my new favourite technique for quick backgrounds...

Pop back tomorrow for a photo tutorial on it...

Look at these , such great use of colour

After tea and cake , we stamped up our shaving foam background...

All the stamps can be found on the Clarity website.

I do have to keep my eyes on some people though!!!! lol...I do wonder what Emma and Wendy are thinking????

Thanks ladies,,,,you made my day...

Just before I go, I have added a new venue to my workshop list this year...

Drumroll........

 

 

On Saturday 7th May...... Clarity N. Ireland....

Andrews Memorial Hall, Ballygowan road, Comber, Co. Down....

Thanks to Linda and Sharon for all your help. The class is now full but we do have a reserve list.

Another day to craft, chat and eat cake...oh life is good...

Take care all.

Hugs

Jo. xxx

 

11 comments:

Chrissie Roberts said...

Fantastic works of art Jo. They all look brilliant and I love that stamp. So you're off to NI as well?! You're becoming the real traveller aren't you? Well done on that.
Take care x

Lisapmac said...

Lovely artwork you lucky ladies xx

fabulous fiona said...

Thank you Jo for taking time to come up to Glasgow. I had so much fun creating beautiful cards and the poetic holder. I took them to show Mum today and she was impressed particularly with the back grounds. She wants me to show her how to do them. I am looking forward to playing with the backgrounds and creating some lovely cards for Easter.

rachel said...

loving that stamp Jo - amazing work from your ladies - looking forward to next weekend! Hugs rachel x

Theresa said...

fab cards. and that smooshing looks fab. i need to start using it too, hugs xx

Linda Page said...

Lovely artwork your cards are fab..and what a fab picture. Emma you looking good girl x

Linda Page said...

Lovely artwork your cards are fab..and what a fab picture. Emma you looking good girl x

Jeanette Butler said...

Oh wow! Another venue. What a jetsetter you'll become and how lucky are the crafters of N.Ireland. I'm not surprised that you're already full. It's a great photo of Emma. She's such a lovely lady and the artwork is fabulous too. Looks & sounds like a great class. I'm sure that Tees & Eric were pleased to see you and soon forgave you. It's also nice for you & Karl to have a mini break away.
Love & hugs Jeanette xxxx

Janet Pring said...

More fab projects, Jo - good luck with the Irish group, I'm sure it will go brilliantly! xx

Jan said...

If I only had 240 miles to drive to be in your class ,I'd be there in a heartbeat . Lucky duckies you people . Jan from USA

Jo Rice said...

Oh Janice that would be amazing , I would love to spend time crafting with you....maybe one day....we can only hope....have a lovely day...xx