Followers

Friday 21 July 2017

Wet Friday

Good morning all , I really can't believe how quickly this week has gone. I do hope that it has been a good one for you all. I have just got back after walking the dogs and it is raining....so I thought we would have a 'wet blog ' today.

My design started by stamping the Water Elements stamp onto a piece of Stencil card, and then added the mask....I am so glad that Clarity make these , it saves all that cutting out.

Next came those fabulous new Distress Oxide inks....oh yes....and some smoothing ,...one colour at a time and I heated the card with my heat tool inbetween .

The background builds up so quickly.

These inks are great to watercolour paint with too. So I removed the mask and added some colour.

Next , I needed some more detail so I added some bubbles using the oxide ink through Jo's bubbles stencil

And after some matting and layering I just had to add some Glossy Accents...with the Perga Glitter sprinkled over the top...

This gives a great look.

Shimmery water...

I do hope you like my design, I had great fun making it.

Tomorrow it is inky and Groovi workshops at CJ's in Stockport and I am really looking forward to it.

Before I go I need to remind you that our Rosie is on Hochanda this Saturday and Sunday with some new fairy stamps and plates...

And please excuse this over excitable Grandma for just sharing a couple of photos of our little man .

He is such a fighter and doing really well, I can't wait until I can have my first cuddle. Only Adam and Danielle are allowed at the moment...

Bless him he is struggling to breath and has a shadow on his little lung, hopefully this is just an infection and will clear up soon.

Have a lovely weekend...

Much love and hugs...

Jo. xxx

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

Barbara Finch said...

Love the Oxides Jo. Been playing with them this week too. I've found they work really well on the back of those pieces of mountboard that I have.
Lovely to see Adam with baby Elliot and to hear that he is doing well.♥
Looking forward (impatiently!) to our class next weekend! Xx

Angela said...

Love how you've used the Oxides Jo. I think they're fab.
Good to hear that baby Elliot is doing well. xx