Followers

Thursday 13 October 2016

Stand out from the Crowd

Good afternoon all, and thanks for popping in...

I do hope that your week is going well, it is mad here as always and that list of jobs to do,,,,is getting longer and longer.... it hasn't been a good week here as I have had lots of headaches,,,

Which is not ideal when I have so much crafting to do, but on the plus side I did manage lunch with two lovely friends.

Today I though I would share a card with you that I made for Barbara's recent tv show on Hochanda.

I do love these new stamps,

I started with a piece of stencil card and stamped the tree, then using the masks provided with the stamps , I made myself a little forest .

Next I added some decorations to my main tree...

And then added some colour using my Spectrum Aqua pens.

Next I edged the card...just to draw the eye in...

And then stamped the words

I am not very good at English ( even though I did get my O' level ) and dyslexia runs in my family so I always struggle with spellings, hence I always have to write the words down onto copier paper.

This does help, but unfortunately I still make some silly mistakes...and this is embarrassing enough but there seem to be some 'lovely ' people out there who are always far too happy to point these out...

Dyslexia, is such a horrible condition, you can't see it, but my goodness it impacts on ones life so, so much...

I added the little robin just to give some extra detail...and here is the finished card.

A little twist on a Christmas card.

Speaking of Christmas , I spent last Sunday making a Christmas cracker, it was for Maria's show on Wednesday....it uses a lovely new Groovi plate...

I did enjoy making this , Groovi with a bit of a twist, and a Christmas card too, from the same plate...

 

Notice the little Robin again...

Well Adam has just gone to work, Karl has just come in from work and Mikey is in work....hope you are keeping up...!!! lol.

So it is time to put some food on the table....

Tomorrow I have to pack my bags ready for Clarity Cumbria on Saturday...we are using the wonderful new floral stamps designed by Jayne Nestorenko, I am really looking forward to it...

Enjoy your evening...

Much love and hugs

Jo. xxx

 

6 comments:

MFM said...

Your samples as always are great. Love the Christmas Cracker, very stylish. As for spelling, well who cares how it's smelt it's the sentiment that counts.
Have fun in cumbria and enjoy the cake
MFM xx

fabulous fiona said...

Beautiful samples Jo as always. My son is dyslexic and he has found many ways to cope, but sometimes still struggles. He gets to his exams on a computer which helps greatly. Sometimes he totally mis-reads words which has give us lots of laughs over the years!

Unknown said...

Love the cracker and cards Jo. I would never have thought of making a card from that plate. Have a good weekend.xx

JackieCou said...

Love all these samples, thanks for the inspiration ! XX

Donna Brooks said...

Beautiful stamp and groovi pieces. Have a great weekend. Xx

Jo Rice said...

Thanks ladies, I really appreciate you reading my little blog and leaving a comment....hugs..xx