Followers

Friday 28 October 2016

Christmas in Kendal

Good afternoon all and thanks for joining me today. I really can't believe that it is Friday already, and I need to remind you that the clocks go back this Saturday night...

Well 2am Sunday Morning really, but I certainly won't be staying up to change them at that time. Mine will be done before I head up to bed.

Yesterday it was our monthly workshop at Grosvenor House papers in Kendal and it was so good to catch up with the lovely crafters and a couple of new ladies join us too.

We used the wonderful new Stocking stamp set along with Jo's Poinsettia stencil.

We started with a warm up card , using some fluffy stuff and some paper piecing

Then it was some stencil work before lunch

After lunch we did some colouring in, and made little bags of sweets...

These make great little presents

And a nice quick and easy card to finish off the day

Thanks for joining me ladies, and thanks to Janet who always makes me feel so welcome.

I thought now would be a good time to share a tutorial with you, using the Stocking stamps. This is one of the cards that was recently featured on Hochanda tv.

I started by stamping the stocking using black archival ink

 

Next came the masks....I am so glad that these came with the stamps..

Each time I stamped a toy , I then masked it before stamping another, then added the green garland .

Then I added some colour to the stocking so I changed my inner mask for the outer one..

Carefully cutting out the toe and heel parts

I sponged the colour one, try and remember to leave some white highlight area

Next came the red ink for the stocking and the pattern , plus some charcoal for shade .

I used stencil brushes to add a little colour

And then some fluffy stuff and some heat...( I do love using this product )

Just look at what happens..you can add some fine glitter before heating too...

Some matting and layering and I stamped 25 onto the stocking..

Oh just a thought these would make great doors for advent calendars, mmm. That gives me an idea...

Not for now, but maybe in a couple of weeks...

Well that's it from me for today...I am off to take control of this ironing mountain...

Have a lovely weekend and remember that our Barbara is on Hochanda on Sunday and Monday...

Take care all

Love and Hugs

Jo. xxx

 

3 comments:

Guillyflower said...

These are all lovely Jo. I especially love the paper piecing - something different :) The tutorial is great too. I might just need this stamp! Have a great weekend x

Jo Rice said...

Thanks Chrissie, it is such a useful stamp set...hope you are having a lovely weekend and see you on Wednesday xxx

Donna Brooks said...

I Love all the layers in this. I do love paper piecing, used to do it with peeloffs when I first started crafting! That was before I found stamping, masking and stencils. Xx