Followers

Thursday 6 December 2018

A little botanical number

Good morning all, 
thank you for joining me today. 
Yet another wet dog walk this morning .
Karl left early again so it was me and the dogs, oh 
and lots of puddles.
We have had Elliot with us for a couple of days so that was fabulous , both 
Adam and Danielle came straight from work yesterday and had their meal with us, 
so lots of Elliot cuddles were had by all. 

Today I am sharing a botanical design with you 


The stamp is from AALL and Create and is designed by the fabulous 
Tracy Evans. 
It is a very large stamp , and has so much detail , I couldn’t wait to have a play with it. 


I started off by blending some ink onto my card. 



Then I added some water through a stencil to create some ghosting. 


I do love this effect. 



Next , came the stamping.




Followed by some splats of Copper Inka Gold, and black ink blended around the edges. 



I then stamped the fern once more onto Rice Paper , 
Added some colour using distress Oxide ink and water and left it to dry, 
before  attaching it to a log slice .



Then it was out with a white marker pen .



I stamped the image once more onto stamping card , and cut out some embellishments. 
I added these, plus some liquid glass. 





As this represents a botanical sketch, and field notes I thought I would add a pencil too. 



I love all the detail in this stamp 



And I had a great time just playing with it. 
I hope you manage to have some creative time today. 
I am off out for coffee this morning with a friend...
It has been a while since our last catch up. 
So lots of coffee and chatting , with a few mince pies thrown in. 

Have a lovely day whatever you do 

Much love and hugs 
Jo. xxx

5 comments:

Lisapmac said...

Great artwork, I haven't gotten inky for ages, great techniques too, I must find time to play xx

MFM said...

Love the colours and textures created. Hope the coffee and mince pies were good.
Xx

Redanne said...

Jo, this piece is just fabulous!! I love everything about it, your colour choices, the wood circle, the pencil - every single little detail! Hugs, Anne xx

Tracey T said...

Thos really is fabulous, love everything about it and the wood piece is genius. My inka gold is used daily now, thanks to you 😉 xx

Jo Rice said...

Thank you ladies for your lovely comments...group hug...xxxx