Followers

Friday 30 November 2018

Winter / Christmas

Good morning all ,
thanks for joining me on this Friday morning. 
Today it is the start of a new Fussy and Fancy Challenge.
Our theme is

Winter / Christmas 

Now I know you will have stamps, stencils  etc on your craft desk just waiting for this challenge. 
I know I did, 

Our hostess is the lovely 
Gina, 

Here is what I came up with 


Here is how I created it, 
Well to be honest it sort of created itself, you see I didn’t really have a plan.


I started with a piece of card and some ink,
This really is a great way to just start and then play.
If Mr MoJo takes a holiday , encourage him back with inky play.
It really does work .


After some water splats , I stamped my arch, 
These Lavinia stamps are so fabulous to use and stamp beautifully. 


Next I added a tree , and I wanted to use a different stamp than the normal tree or now feather stamp..


Next came the fairies, the moon and the edges, 
Blend8ng the edges really does help to frame the design 




I do love the way the design just grows, so it was foliage next .
Now at this point , I just thought something didn’t look quite right...
And I couldn’t put my finger on it .
So I trimmed a couple of centimetres of the width,
and yes, that looked so much better . 




Then I added some splats of haematite Inka Gold. 
( don’t put these products away, keep using them ) 




A sentiment and some gems , and walk away 
Sometimes you have to know when to stop...




I am so happy with the way the arch turned out , 


Hope you like it too. 

If you fancy having a look at the Fussy and Fancy Challenge Blog 
you can find it here 


I would love to see what you make , 

I must go , it is our last Groovi Class of the year tomorrow. 
So I have mince pies to bake,,,whoops sorry , to buy.

Take Care everyone 
Have a lovely weekend, 
and enjoy the beginning of December 

Love and hugs 
Jo. xxx









4 comments:

Beth Brovold said...

Hi there Jo...hope that you're well! Wow this is another fabulous Jo Rice technique filled card...so many layers of creative goodness! Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
Take care,
Beth

Darlene said...

WOW! Beautiful ink background! Magical card Jo!

Jo Rice said...

Thank you so much Beth, you always leave such lovely comments. Hope you have a lovely weekend too...hugs...xxx

Jo Rice said...

Thanks Darlene, enjoy your weekend...xx