Followers

Friday 13 July 2018

Green and Pink .

Good morning everyone, 
Hope this Friday morning finds you well. 
We have rain, and how wonderful it is, it rained all night .
This morning it has been wonderful walking the dogs, the grass looks 
green, the air is moist and the smell...oh it is so fresh...perfect 
A magical way to start the day....
Onto something crafty,
Today it is the start of a new Fussy and Fancy Challenge 
Our theme is 
Green and Pink .
Here is what I created 


I used the wonderful Jeans Flowers stamp set from Hobby Art 

I started by creating the background....
This is the same technique that I used on the poppy card a few weeks ago...(Donna you asked how to create it )




I used a piece of stencil card, and brushed some light green ink over.
Start from the middle of the card and brush outwards...
We aim to keep some white space 


I repeated with a darker green ink 


I stamped the main, floral image 


And then added some background stamping
Using first and second generation .




Next , I added the sentiment and a black sharpie edge. 




On separate card I stamped  the floral stamp and a couple of butterflies. 
I added some colour using my Spectrum Noir pencils and then cut the images out. 


I always assemble my card before adding any embellishments or decoupage...
It is one thing I have noticed at workshops is that ladies add all the layers, glitter etc then have to turn over 
to add glue and attach it to the card blank 
It is far easier , and gives a more professional finish to build up the layers at the end. 

Here is a closer look 




And from the side 



A small Bakers twine bow just finishes off the design 


If you fancy joining in, or just checking out the dt samples 
Just pop over to the Fussy and Fancy blog...here 


Have a lovely weekend all, 
Much love and hugs 
Jo. xxx








7 comments:

Redanne said...

Jo, your card is stunning! I love how you built up your layers, the flowers are gorgeous and the dimension makes them look so realistic. I never thought I would say this (with all the rain we normally get) but the rain today was fabulous!! I would love it if it rained all night long and was sunny all day long - that would be perfect! Hugs, Anne xx

Darlene said...

Just gorgeous Jo! Love the technique you used and the dimension on your butterflies is just perfect! Well done!

Jo Rice said...

Thanks Anne, back to sun here today , so I have just wateted the pots . Hope you have a lovely weekend...hugs Jo. xx

Jo Rice said...

Thanks Darlene, hope you are having a lovely weekend ...Jo. X

Tressa said...

What a lovely card. I am not good at making up this sort of card so tips are very welcome to me.

Teresa

Donna Brooks said...

Great card Jo, love the background so thank you for sharing. I am trying to embrace the white space at the moment! Hope you had a lovely weekend. Xx

Tracey T said...

Beautiful card Jo and a fab colour combo, one of my go to themes xx