Followers

Friday 26 January 2018

Fussy and Fancy

Good morning all ,
 thanks for popping in this Friday morning. 
I do hope that you are feeling well and ready for the weekend.
It is our Cumbria workshop tomorrow and I am so excited as I haven’t seen 
these lovely friends yet, this year. 
It seems ages since we were last together .
Today it is a new Challenge over at the Fussy and Fancy blog..
Our host is my fabulous friend Annie, 
And she has chosen 
Fussy and Fancy as her theme 
Here is my dt inspiration 


I do hope that you like it. 

The main focal point is the Foamiran flowers. 
I have been playing with this wonderful foam and having a brilliant time...
Have you tried it yet ? 
Honestly it is brilliant...


I started by die cutting some petals in a peach  colour. 
I then added some extra shade with Distress inks . 


There are many ways you can colour the foam . 
Now you can shape the foam as it is, gently heat it with an iron (not steam) or I like to use a heat tool. 
You then scrunch and twist the foam and shape the flowers . 


I use a glue gun to stick them together...
And I just love to play and make my own stylised flowers...
That way they don’t have to be realistic...
But you can make specific ones if you like,,,
That’s the thing 
As a crafter we can just play .....


I used another die cut and stamped a sentiment from Clarity 



And then added some colour 


I added this to my card blank along with a piece of backing paper from The Brighton Rock Claritybacking papers. 
Then some splatters using Inka Gold...one of my favourite things. 


I needed some extra foliage so this is another favourite die of mine..
It is so useful 




I added some string for that rustic look 
And then it just needed something extra 

Mmmmm


A butterfly...that’s better 
Just finishes it off 
And no ladies..
It wasn’t to cover up a mark....well not this time anyway..!!!!
We all know how useful these butterflies are 


I would love you to pop over to the Fussy and Fancy blog 


And look at the other designs by the rest of the design team .
And even better you could enter the challenge..
I love looking at all the designs...
Well, I had better stop chatting to you and get on...
The dogs have been walked, but I need to do some good shopping, get some petrol 
and then get the car sorted for an early start tomorrow, 
Have a lovely weekend all. 
Safe travels to all the workshop ladies 
See you soon 

Much love and hugs 
Jo. xxx











8 comments:

Angela said...

Gorgeous card Jo. I hope you all have fun tomorrow. Hugs xxx

Darlene said...

Just stunning Jo! LOVE your spray of flowers ... they are gorgeous! Have a fun filled weekend!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card for our challenge, Jo you make it look so easy always. I had to smile when you mentioned the butterfly, I have used so many little butterflies to cover stray marks on my cards. Have a good weekend up in Cumbria and safe journey xxAnnie

MFM said...

Stunning card, have a good day tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing all the lovely makes by the Cumbria team.
Xx

gwen70 said...

Stunning card Jo, so hope we are using foam tomorrow, I have been longing to use it and the teaser looks like foam to me. xx

Abfabdesigns said...

Beautiful flowers Jo , love the layout of the card xxx

Beth Brovold said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jo!! I so love playing with the Foamiran...your flowers are fabulous...a truly stunning card my friend! Wishing you a most wonderful weekend!
Take care,
Beth

Tone K. said...

Hi Jo :)
Your card is so beautiful! I really like the kind of rustic style and your flowers is so gorgeous. You are really clever! :)
Wish you a happy Sunday and week!
Tone xx