Followers

Friday 4 August 2017

Favourite colours

Good morning all and here we are with another new Fussy and Fancy Challenge...

Our new theme is .....Favourite colours....

And our host is the lovely Gina

Now it won't surprise any of you what my favourite colours are...

Here is my dt inspiration

 

I have had quite a few questions recently about the 'ghosting ' technique so I thought it would be a good opportunity to use it here.

I started with a piece of Stencil card , the correct card is very important for this technique...you need one that will accept water...so it needs to have a low chalk content .

I started by adding my distress inks , with the darkest first

And then blending to the lighter colours, this is a great way to practice your blending as it doesn't have to be perfect

Next , I added the stencil and spritzed some water through it

I carefully removed the stencil , left it for a few moments and then rolled it dry with kitchen towel

Look at the cool , effect that you get, and depending on colour choice, amount of water and drying time you get different results.

When completely dry I added some flicks of white paint and a black sharpie line .

Next some matting and layering

Followed by these wonderful die cut butterflies from Tim Holtz.

Finally a Clarity sentiment , chopped into separate words

A quick, easy but effective technique.

I do hope that you have enjoyed today's blog post and that you will visit the Fussy and Fancy blog.....here...

http://fussyandfancychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

Even better, I would love you to enter the challenge.

I have another busy week planned with a Groovi day class tomorrow and some more hospital visits to see the little man....

Have a lovely weekend all, oh and remember that our Barbara and Paul are on Hochanda this Sunday and Monday..

Sneak peek time

And

Take care everyone

Much love and hugs

Jo. xxxx

 

 

2 comments:

Jan said...

I am going to try this one jo . Thanks so much for the instruction .

Jo Rice said...

My pleasure Janice, hope you enjoy playing...take care and thanks for taking the time to leave a comment...xx