Followers

Monday 1 May 2017

May already

Good afternoon all and thanks for popping in, on this May Day Bank Holiday. The weather is beautiful now and I have got so much washing dry. Isnt it funny how simple things like getting all the bedding hung out on the line can make us happy.

It has been such a lovely weekend, even though I have been working it has been so good to be able to have my coffee in the garden...

Today I thought I would share some pyrography with you...

As you know this is one of my passions...

I made this book for Rossella, using Tina's flower stamps that she had on Hochanda recently.

First I stamped the cover , front and back.

Then I burnt the design using my pyrography tool.

I added some colour , by painting using the Inka Gold. It really works well on wood.

To seal everything I gave it a spray with Crafters Companion ' Spray n Shine .

I even did some cheeky stamping on a couple of pages.

It is so nice to be able to make personalised gifts, and I have had quite a few commissions already for these little books.

I am so pleased that Rossella likes her book.

I have a really busy week ahead with workshops in Hazel Grove, Kendal and Belfast, so I had better get on. So much still to do.

Enjoy your evening all,

Much love and hugs

Jo. xxx

 

4 comments:

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

What a lovely present. Beautiful. xxx Maggie

gwen70 said...

Stunning book Jo, you are so talented

Jo Rice said...

Thanks Maggie and Gwen..xx

Donna Brooks said...

Wow, I love your book. What a great and unique gift. Really think you need to be on Hochanda demoing your skills. XX