Followers

Tuesday 31 January 2017

Quickstep

Good afternoon all , thanks for all your lovely messages , emails and text that you have sent,..you really are such lovely friends.

Adam is still in a lot of pain, but has been given stronger painkillers, and signed off work ...he has to wait a couple of weeks for the swelling to go down before he starts physio. We are just very grateful that it wasn't any worse...

I have got a hire car so at least I can still get up to Kendal for the workshop on Thursday.

Today I wanted to share a card with you that I made for Barbara's last tv show...it uses the shoe stamp and one of the backing papers from the New England Fall, paper pack...Another fabulous collection of papers...brilliantly designed by our Dee.

It also uses a great little technique,,,bubbles...

I started with a piece of stencil card...and some artistry ink pads

I blended the three colours

Then instead of spritzing with water .....

I made some bubbles with washing up liquid

And dipped my card into the bubbles ( not into the water though )

Now the next bit is a bit of a trial and error...or guess work...you need to leave the bubbles to give them time to faux bleach ...but not too long to soak into the card..

Then out with the heat gun....and the bubbles disappear...

But look what is left

The bubbly patten

Then some stamping using black Archival ink ,some matting and layering

And some paper piecing , then finally a little colour with Spectrum Noir pencils

How fab is that background...?

My new favourite technique ....

I made some more backgrounds today

I just love finding new ways of playing with ink...don't you...

It's that time gain....another dog walk...oh yes and more muddy fields..

Enjoy your evening all.

Much love and hugs

Jo. xxx

 

9 comments:

Unknown said...

That is amazing and I need to have a mess about with this idea. Glynis x

Jane said...

Fab technique with the bubbles... It reminds me of when we used to put washing up liquid into the paint at primary school and use straws to blow bubbles then we dipped out paper in the bubbles!
Hope Adam's painkillers are working for him!
Love and hugs xxx

Unknown said...

Loving the bubble technique, I'll have to give thus a go... Xxx. Thinking of you all... Fi Xx

Lisapmac said...

Another great technique, thanks for the excellent tutorial, must save this to try later.

Hope Adam feels better soon xx

Jeanette Butler said...

Ooh, another fabby technique! Love the results you got. Great card too. Sorry to hear that Adam's in pain. Hope he's on the mend soon. Xx

Mariane said...

I love the way it turned out !! ... Playing with the Ink and Paint is fun... and sometimes the result is so surprising that you do not want to use it ;) Love it

Kind regards
Mariane

Angela said...

What a brilliant technique Jo and thanks for sharing it. Best wishes to Adam, I hope the painkillers are working. xx

Donna Brooks said...

Oh wow what a great technique, I know what I will be playing with at the weekend! Hope Adam is pain free quickly, what a shock for you all. Xx

ssn.wht@gmail.com said...

Love it. Hope Adam feels better soon x