Followers

Thursday 26 January 2017

Northern Lights.

Good afternoon all and thanks for popping in. Wow this week is whizzing....it seems to be going really quickly...

You know how you get favourite, stamps, techniques, colours etc....well at the moment I seem to have a favourite paper pad...and it is Northern lights...I just seem to be reaching for it all the time...

I had a lovely little play this afternoon and this is what I came up with.

It all started with a piece of the paper...

Then I took a piece of stencil card and a die cut....this is a lovely one called Distressed Benson corner.

Next I used another matching piece of paper ( I am so glad that there are four of each design ) and die cut some flowers, Sun Kissed Fleur die from Heartfelf Creations, plus stamped the butterflies and cut them out.

( speaking of favourite stamps, I reach for this butterfly lots too)

I added some wee foliage to one corner

And then added some Artistry ink around the edge...

Next , some ink splatters....oh love these

And this is how they look together, then I added some hessian , the flowers , the butterflies, and a Clarity word...the word chains are such useful stamps...

A few gems and a little stickles glitter and yes, job done...

These paper are just so useful and versatile...

I really enjoyed just having a play...just because I could....

 

I had a lovely day yesterday with the Hazel Grove ladies, and we chatted about various gilding waxes, the ones that are water based and those that are solvent based...

 

Here we used the Pebeo Gilding wax on black card....the die is from Marianne dies, and the Fuchsia stamps fits on it perfectly...

We also talked about using stencils and embossing folders.

This is a great way to make quick effective backgrounds...

Notice the butterfly stamp again....

Oh it has gone so cold outside... I think I may need extra layers before I go and walk the dogs...

And I fear it may be very cold in the Lake District on Saturday for our Clarity Cumbria...wrap up warm ladies....we may need extra cake,,,,,

Take care all...

Much love and hugs

Jo. xxxx

 

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the demo Jo, it is good to see a step by step when ones mojo has up and gone xx

MFM said...

Lovely samples as alway. Hope you keep warm in the Lakes. I seem to remember driving home from one of your Kendal workshops in blizzard conditions, and it was MAY!!!!!!!!!

Lynne Bishop said...

Gorgeous, my Northern lights paper pads arrived this morning. Will have a play tomorrow. Love your style of cards Jo. X x

Unknown said...

Brilliant!!! GLYNIS X

Abfabdesigns said...

Ohhhh I like them papers Tink ,great card love the dies and flowers
M xxxx

ssn.wht@gmail.com said...

Lovely card Jo - really like the hugs one too! So excited about coming to the March weekend in Glasgow. Train and hotel all booked!!! See you soon x

Lisapmac said...

Absolutely stunning, always so much inspiration xx

Judy Williams said...

Loving the bold colourings that go with these decorative papers. One of my favourite diecuts too. Brilliant!

Theresa said...

i think the northern lights is a really good set of papers. great card with a vintage feel toit. have a great weekend, hugs xx

Angela said...

Beautiful Jo. I love these papers too xx

Jo Rice said...

Oh bless you ladies, thank you for your lovely comments, and I am so pleased that you like my tutorial today...take care all...group hug...xxxx

gwen70 said...

Beautiful cards Jo, Northern lights papers are my favourite too, so hope to get a play with them tomorrow xx

Donna Brooks said...

Beautiful project. I was pleased with myself for using a couple of pages for my challenge entries this month! I think it helps having more than one sheet of each. Love them layered with a die cut. Stay warm out there when you're walking the dogs. XX