Followers

Sunday 29 January 2017

Gratitude

Good afternoon, I am sat here with a cup of coffee and thought I would take five minutes out to have a chat...

It was Clarity Cumbria yesterday and I have to say a big thank you to the wonderful ladies and gentleman for their company....you see I neatly didn't get to the class and only had a couple of hours sleep the night before .

Adam had a car accident and ended up in hospital, plus my car has been written off. A driver approaching the crossroads didn't see give way signs and crashed into the drivers side of my car , sending it straight into a lamppost , so that crunched the passengers side, then it spun and ended up on a pavement...thank goodness that my car had side airbags, when I spoke to the paramedic on the phone he said that they had saved Adam. My clever little car also phoned the emergency service....I am also very grateful to the other driver who didn't drive off as often is the case, he ran over to try and get Adam out of the car and waited with him...The police and paramedics were so good and bless Danielle who got to him and stayed with him...

Adam is home but has hurt his neck and stomach, you know I remember when I was little and we didn't even wear seat belts...oh my....so glad that we all do now...

So yesterday I had to drive Karls car up to Cumbria, now those of you who know me well, know that I'm not keen on driving....

I don't normally drive Karls car, so it was all strange...and yes, the weather was horrible...I set off at 6-45am , it was cold, dark and very wet....

I didn't know how to change the radio and obviously I was concentrating on driving so I had to listen to ' talk sport ' all the way to Lindale.... oh you have to laugh....don't you...

And yes...I know now....fingers crossed I will get the courtesy car in a couple of days.

I am just so grateful that Adam is ok, it could have been so much worse, and you know when you get a phone call saying that your son has been involved in a RTA , your heart really does stop for a second..

Puts things into perspective .....

So I had lots of coffee and cake yesterday...and a rather large glass of Prosecco when I got home ...

Our workshop was based around the Northern Lights paper pack....

First of all we did some die cutting , stamping and paper piecing

Look at these beauties....then we did some distressing and stamping

Followed by some stencil fun

 

We used one of the corner punches to make a decorative border

 

 

Recognise Jo's bubbles stencil in the background...still one of my favourites

 

I have another busy week ahead, so I had better get on, coffee break over...

Thanks for sharing some time with me....because time spent with friends is very important...

Much love and hugs

Jo. xxxx

 

 

13 comments:

Jane said...

Oh Jo what a shock for you! Hope Adam is OK.... It can ce a few days after when shock can set in as the what ifs hit!! But he's here to tell the tale which is the most important thing! Your car can be replaced!
The cards are wonderful that your class at Cumbria did! I'm glad you made it bravely driving karls car! I'm surprised you can reach the pedals mind you!!!
Love and hugs! Xxx

MFM said...

So glad that Adam is OK. Thank goodness for modern cars with all their safety features. Hope he is on the mend soon.
Stunning cards as always and thank you for taking time out at a stressful time to share with us.
Take very good care of yourself and family.
Hugs xx

Lisapmac said...

Oh wow Jo, so pleased Adam is ok, very smart car indeed and hopefully the other driver has learned a very valuable lesson to pay more attention.

Beautiful artwork, your groups are very lucky to have you xx

Janet Pring said...

Goodness Jo, what a shock! Thank goodness everyone is okay! You did well to carry on, but I have found that crafty groups are incredibly supportive. I absolutely adore the bag card!
Take some time to unwind! Janet xxx

Angela said...

Oh Jo I do hope Adam feels better soon. What a shock. These cards are great and I'm sure everyone had a good time. xx

Lynne Bishop said...

the most important thing is that Adam is ok. Cars can be replaced. Your ladies did an amazing job on those cards they are beautiful. Wonderful idea to make the border from the corner punch. xx

Theresa said...

oh Jo, so glad that he is ok. can't imagine what it felt like when you got that call.
these cards are fab. i do love the sketchy lady though. take care, hugs xxxx

Jan said...

I am so thankful for you that you son is ok .

rachel said...

it was such a lovely day for us yesterday Jo - you did an amazing job - a true professional. I hope things pan out well in the next few days nd weeks. Hugs lovely lady take care xx

Mollyd3736 said...

Glad Adam is okay, that's all that matters

Steve said...

Poor Adam, I am glad he is ok and that the other driver stopped. Take care xx

Jo Rice said...

Thank you all for your lovely comments, and your kind words....your friendship means so much....love and hugs...Jo. xxx

ssn.wht@gmail.com said...

What a terrible shock for you Jo. He's a lucky boy, firstly to have you as a mum, and secondly to walk away from his crash. Hope he's soon on the mend, and I'm really thankful that it wasn't worse. Your car can always be replaced, even if it does take a while. Have 2 glasses of prosecco! Hugs, Susan x