Followers

Saturday 14 January 2017

Brighton Rock

Good evening all and thanks for popping in. I do hope that your weekend has started well, mine started with my voice getting more squeaky by the minute. It got very sore and eventually I had to give in and rest it.

So Karl had a wonderful Friday evening and enjoyed the peace and quiet.

Today I have been to a Parchment class run by the very talented and lovely Susan Moran , it was amazing,,,,and I have to say that I loved the grid work and snipping that we did,,,so much so. That I can't wait to do some more...

So look out ladies....!!!!

Thank you Susan for a most wonderful day,,,

I am now home and ready for a Saturday evening with Mr Rice,,,and I am sure a glass of Prosecco will help my throat...

Before we settle down , I just thought I would share this card with you

I made it for Barbara's recent Hochanda tv show. It uses one of the Backing papers from the Brighton Rock Designer pack created by our very own lovely lady, Dee Paramour...

I started by matting and layering the backing paper, adding the Eiffel Tower stamp using Black Archival ink

And then creating my topper , by stamping the speech bubble in versamark ink , adding white embossing powder and heat setting. Then using similar colour Artistry ink pads, blending and adding some water splashes.. then finally adding some more stamping.

I do love this technique and it matches the backing paper a treat...

I stamped the sketch lady and coloured her using Spectrum Noir pencils, and finally stamped the word Grace...

Once I had all the components, it took me ages to decide how to arrange them...it is funny....it always takes me ages to do this bit....but finally , I settled on this design and glued everything into position. I did have to add some of my favourite Bakers Twine...

There are four different paper pads and I love them all, and so will you...

I have just heard the popping of the cork, so I am going to love you and leave you

Take care all,

Much love and hugs

Jo. xxxx

 

9 comments:

Theresa said...

fab card JO. i thought that the piece with the speech bubbles was from pad as well. love it. hope your throat is better and have a fab weekend, hugs xxx

Jan said...

Just lovely jo , hope you feel better soon , a glass of proseco should do the trick , think it's time for me to pour myself a glass of something and start my dinner . Leftovers which I love since not much prep work . Joy now Janice

Lisapmac said...

Fantastic composition, showing the New paper pads off perfectly, not usually my thing but have to say they are all lovely xx

elkerigg said...

Gorgeous combination Jo love it

Donna Brooks said...

Very elegant. Love the layering and colours. I used my pads for my stamp and Groovi challenges! Xx

Unknown said...

Love the card Jo. I have all the paper pads as I couldn't make a decision but now I'm not sure how to use them. This has given me a great starting point. I hope the prosecco helped your throat and that you are feeling better today.

Chrissie Roberts said...

Brilliant card Jo. Really love these colours. I thought maybe a shared pic of your grid work might also be on here so you had a reminder to keep. I do hope you took one just for you. x

Jo Rice said...

Thanks ladies and Chrissie , I may just blog that photo later....lol..xxx

Wendy PS said...

Fabulous Card Jo. I love the colours.
Hugs Wendy xx