Followers

Tuesday 4 October 2016

A canvas for today.

Good afternoon all, and thanks for popping in for a few minutes. We have another new follower , as you know I always get excited when we have a new member to our little blog family...

I do hope that you will be very happy here...

But I must warn you that I do ramble on at times.....

Today I thought I would share a canvas with you....

I made this for the Clarity Open day, as you know I do love to dabble in Mixed Media , and love to play with stencils and grunge paste.

I started with a canvas board, and this rather lovely large flower stencil, designed by yours truly....( yah.....sorry....but I do love saying that...)

Now I didn't drag the grunge paste through the stencil. I used a technique that I have borrowed from the very lovely and talented Eileen Godwin.

What you do is put some GP onto your craft mat, spritz with a little water and use a clean, min blending tool pad to dab the GP through the stencil.

This gave me lots of texture.

Plus I just dabbed some GP around the canvas for extra texture.

At this point I wasn't even sure which orientation I was going to have the canvas.

Next , I added some small wooden stars....for extra detail and painted the whole thing with black gesso..

When the gesso was dry , I added some colour using the Fresco Paints...the best way to do this is to Dry Brush. It...so that means not too much paint on your brush..having your brush quite ' dry' and not pressing it too hard onto the canvas. I used a sort of dragging motion with my brush.

The next stage was to add some gilding wax...and some splats of gold paint...( I do love adding splats...)

And a lovely die cut...from Memory Box dies.

I used this brilliant glue wand....it really is great for adding delicate die cuts...

This Jayne Nestorenko stamp is my favourite butterfly stamp at the moment, I just can't put it down...

And it just finished off the canvas perfectly..

I also found these cute little metal hearts...They say ' made with love' ....and it was ...

I do hope that you like it,

Enjoy the rest of your day, I am off to the hairdressers, then I need to get everything sorted for tomorrow's classes in Hazel Grove....

We are going to be making a start on Christmas cards...

Take care all,

Much love and hugs

Jo. xxx

 

9 comments:

Naomi said...

Lovely Jo.

Naomi said...

Lovely Jo.

Barbara Finch said...

Loved this when I saw it Leyburn Jo! So glad youv'e shared it with us !! Xx

MFM said...

Really love this. Thanks for step by step.
MFMxx

Angela said...

Great canvas Jo xx

Donna Brooks said...

Love this! Great art and great ideas. You never waffle Jo! Xx

Unknown said...

Just love this canvas Jo. I always worry when you say you cover the whole thing in black gesso as I am not sure I'd be brave enough. However, it always turns out as an amazing piece of art as did this one.xx

rachel said...

this canvas looks beautiful! I love it Jo! Hugs rachel x

Ruthieroo said...

Lovely canvas Jo! Haven't tried this before, but am now totally inspired to have a go! Thanks for the tutorial. X